£60 parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could somebody help me please? I have recieved a parking ticket from a pub car park. I have read the stickys, but i'm feeling a little daunted. I cant quite work out where I stand. The was a sign in the car park, but it is a small sign in a fairly large car park, and once I had received the ticket, it took me quite some time to locate it. How clear does the sign need to be? Does it matter at all, because there is hardly any information on the ticket so im wondering if the ticket is legal, anyway. I would scan it, but i have no scanning facility at the moment, but basically it states:

PARKING CHARGE NOTICE(£60)

Parking charge notice no****

PART 1 DETAILS

ON (day)***(date)***at (time)***

location***

a vehicle registration number****

make****

colour*****

was seen in circumstances which gave me reasonable cause to believe that contractual obligations indicated below have been accepted.

VEHICLE WAS PARKED ON PRIVATE LAND WHERE PARKING RESTRICTIONS APPLY- THE USER-REGISTERED KEEPER OF THIS VEHICLE WILL BE LIABLE TO A FEE OF £60 PER VISIT IF THE VEHICLE IS NOT DISPLAYING A VALID PERMIT AND IN DOING SO ACCEPT THAT THEY WILL PAY THE CHARGE WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE OF ISSUE OF THIS NOTICE.

SIGNS VISIBLE /

PART 2 EXPLANATORY NOTES

EFPN administers and manages the scheme on behalf of:

Landlord to the above named location

ISSUED BY **** CODE****

You have two options

1: The notice procedure provides that the allegation which is detailed in Part 1, may be discharged by paying a FIXED FEE of £60 within 14 days or

2: produce a valid parking permit within 14 days.

Failure to reply within 14 days may result in a county court summons, you will also be liable to £27 late payment fee total £87 and all additional costs incurred by EFPN.

Any suggestions how I should handle this? lolly.

• 1 month later...

hi every one, i just got one of this parking ticket from EFPN from a pub car park.

I have read the stickys, but i'm feeling a little daunted. I cant quite work out where I stand.

The situation is: i was not even parked inside the parking, i was outside, near the entrance to the parking, near the yellow single line but not parked in the top of the line.

There are some notice in a tree, just opposite where my car where, saying that this were a private propety and this parking where for the customes of the "Fishing INN" pub.

Also there are a private residential complex, but my car was opposite to the entry. So, can any one tell me where is my mistake???....I was not even parked inside the parking for the customers, anyway at 10 o'clock in the morning there are not to many customers, isn't?.so what is his problem???

Does it matter at all, because there is hardly any information on the ticket so i am wondering if the ticket is legal, anyway the ticket is a photocopy is not even the original one.

My ticket is like that one:

PARKING CHARGE NOTICE(£60)

Parking charge notice no****

PART 1 DETAILS

ON (day)***(date)***at (time) 11:25

location " entrance way to overflow carpark"

a vehicle registration number****

make****

colour*****

was seen in circumstances which gave me reasonable cause to believe that contractual obligations indicated below have been accepted.

VEHICLE WAS PARKED ON PRIVATE LAND WHERE PARKING RESTRICTIONS APPLY- THE USER-REGISTERED KEEPER OF THIS VEHICLE WILL BE LIABLE TO A FEE OF £60 PER VISIT IF THE VEHICLE IS NOT DISPLAYING A VALID PERMIT AND IN DOING SO ACCEPT THAT THEY WILL PAY THE CHARGE WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE OF ISSUE OF THIS NOTICE.

1. SIGNS VISIBLE X

2. PARKING PERMIT NOT DISPLAYED X

PART 2 EXPLANATORY NOTES

EFPN administers and manages the scheme on behalf of:

Landlord to the above named location

ISSUED BY **** CODE ****

You have two options

1: The notice procedure provides that the allegation which is detailed in Part 1, may be discharged by paying a FIXED FEE of £60 within 14 days or

2: produce a valid parking permit within 14 days.

Failure to reply within 14 days may result in a county court summons, you will also be liable to £27 late payment fee total £87 and all additional costs incurred by EFPN.

Any suggestions how I should handle this? :confused:

You have three options, either ignore, reply using this site's template letters or appeal on the basis of the PPC not following their own internal logic.

I would advise you not to "appeal" because, firstly it gives these [problematic] far too much respect, secondly there is no prospect of the "appeal" succeeding, the [problematic] just want your money and will see your having written to them as a sign of weakness.

In the first instance I would wait for them to contact you. It costs them £2.50 to get this information from DVLA, let them incur this cost.

Thanks for your replay, Let's see what they say to me in 28 days. ;)

they.ll send you a load of rubbish saying you must pay or else.do not pay or write to them as they will think they have hooked a fish and chase you even more just ignore and file all letters under scumbags.and dont be scared when you get letters from debt collectors.just write back debt in dispute send back to ppc:lol:

• 1 month later...
thanks for your replys. i am going to ignore the notice and stand my ground. its nice to have the support in these matters, i might otherwise have ended up paying it, so thanks again.

Hi Lolly, how have you got on with this? Any positive outcomes?

I have a friend who has the same sort of ticket, who will stand her ground. I have helped and investigated this company, they sound and look (from the ticket) very dubious.

"THE USER-REGISTERED KEEPER OF THIS VEHICLE WILL BE LIABLE TO A FEE OF £60 PER VISIT IF THE VEHICLE IS NOT DISPLAYING A VALID PERMIT"

you can't hold third parties contracts.

what rubbish.

Whats third party contracts?[/quote}

The principle of privity of contract is that a party cannot cause the a third party to enter into a contract without his/her knowledge (unless acting as an agent). In this case, the RK is a third party and cannot be bound by a contract entered into by the driver - if, in fact, the driver entered into any contract.

• 1 month later...