Popcrash1974 Vs Abbey

popcrash1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha!

At last Im finally getting somwhere with Shabby!

A few days ago i noticed the £10 came out of my account so looks like i will finally get the rest of my statements...

Yesterday they sent the standard letter about not breaking codes of practice and wont refund the money, however as a good will gesture they will offer me £385.00.

Im so happy to finally get this letter which to me means "we dont have a leg to stand on but we will try and bluff our way out of it anyway"! :-) so it says i will get a cheque in 10 days and they also apologise for cocking up my originalrequest for statements so i have that in writing as evidence too now!

ive registered on the claims court website thats linked on here and i understand i have to pay £150 once i start court claim..

This is where i get a little confused..i think i need to wait till those statements come and qucikly add to my spreadsheet before going ahead right??

and then in the meantime what should i be telling abbey? a letter saying thanks for the part payment but i want it all?

Anyone any suggestions then? Wait till i get the missing statements and send them a thankyou i will accept part payment letter?....i dont wnat to balls this up at this stage and as its not exactly going in the same order as the step by step guide id appreciate some words of wisdom rigth now :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheques arrived with a letter saying heres your final payment, i havent cashed it yet as i really need to know what to do next. still waiting for final statements and they have got my tenner for them now.....any suggestions what to do people please, im worried if i dont act now i will mess this up.

hmm......so doesnt look like anyone has time to give some guidance...

so ive banked the cheque of part payment...

i also sent a letter that was in templates section about i wont accept this as full payment but modified it to say i want full amount which is a rough estimate untill i gte the rest of my statements whcih they have took money for allready.

im assuming this is all i can do right now

• 3 weeks later...

Statements still havent arrived and due to personal circumstances, havent had the time to push for my money till now. I did send the letter stating thanks for the part payment but will be taking it to a court, they sent back a letter just saying what they always say, the charges are more than fair ect. So now im busy filling in my details online at money claim court. What should i write in the particulars of claim so im not wafflling and get to the point???

Tried posting this in my own thread but the sites so busy these days it ends at bottom of pile as everyone tries to get advice in their own threads so will try here.....

ive managed to fill the money claim online form in with my details and bank details and what they owe...what im looking for is a proffesional looking paragraph explaining why im taking them to a small claims court so it looks like i know what im on about and isnt amateur looking.

also where do i stand if it goes to a court and ive guestamated what i owe as they STILL have not sent me all my bank statements even though they took my money for them back in early november, could it effect my case or even delay it once i contact the courts?

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Thanks for that,i missed it earlier. Spent today at work printing out the bundle for if and when court happens and now im about to put my details in for claim, do i mention that they havent sent me all statements still so its an estimate or just go ahead as if its a final claim?

Your claim must contain at least the following information: --

Your account number

Date account was opened

The date from when your charges began

That you have already supplied a schedule of charges

That you will be supplying a further copy

That the defendant has levied charges and interest

That the defendants contractual term which allows charges is unfair and contrary to common law

Total amount claimed

Section 69 statutory interest statement

The alternative argument - S.15 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

Costs

im now really out of my depth even with reading through all the info...

That you will be supplying a further copy (is this a copy if it goes to court or is it once i sumbmit my claim online that they will ask for this info to be sent in the post?)

Section 69 statutory interest statement (what is this on about, and does this also get sent in post at a later date or brought to court if it goes that far?)

The alternative argument - S.15 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (this needs to be added to that box too on the online claims form??do i copy and paste this in that box?

i know it sounds like im being really dim but the legal jargon and basic details without an explanation in laymans terms is really perplexing me. thanks in advance.

Update, i checked out Martin Lewis website to see if his simplfied version could help, i managed to get a nice little cut and paste to put in my money claim online form but still its impossible for me to do as how can i put date from which the charges start as the bank hasnt let me know and also i cant tell them how much interest they owe me as havent got a full breakdown of all charges yet.

if i put a claim in without al the information theyll laugh me out of the courtroom surely.

i asked for my statement for the second time on the 4th of october and theyve took the money for them so what should i do as the 40 days is well and truly up.is there someone who can maybe give me some help please on msn messenger or by email as i cant see anyone else on herer to relate to as everyone seems to have their info before the court stage and im totally lost, im thinking about giving in, ive spent all afternoon on trying to find an answer and nothings turned up.

Im looking in the bank templates section and im not seeing any non complience template letters. I think ive spent too long looking at this stuff, im more confused than when i started and my brains fried! lol

Thanks for the updates, i just need a little guidance because as you cna see ive followed the course of letter writing ect but because they messed up with the statements its like im back at stage one.

Hello Pop

Have you tried calling Sheena Small at the shABBEY for the rest of your statements? A few people on here have called her and received their statements not long after. I think her number is 01908 344061

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

rang sheena, shes out of the office, so 2 other numbers i could ring were for jackie scott, shes out of the office too surprise surprise...other nmube for maxine watts, shes not answering her calls and go to voicemail. will leave a message. thanks for the phone number.

Right thanks you two, ive calmed down, i think i just spent too long yesterday going round in circles..

Ive taken the advice and ive got my non compliance template 3 letter ready to rock and roll. first off though i managed to speak to someone who works in the same department as Sheena Small.

A receptionist said they were all in a meeting but that they would get back to me today or tomorrow morning and that id gotton through to a good department,I said i know as ive been reccomended this number!

Anyway an hour later and Sheenas other colleagues got the message and rang me. She tells me her department deal with this and she says ill be wanting 6 years statements, so i guess they are working on people claims full time now! Theres no records of either requets and asked who i dealt with and she couldnt have been more helpfull, i explained that i had been very patient and they were well over the 40 day cut off point. She said she will personally deal with it and they will be with me as soon as she gets them and promised to keep me updated.

I couldnt beleive how helpfull and nice she was, i was expecting a fight and having to get a bit angry about it all. Im glad i sent my ten pound cheque and statement request to Mike Ward as ive been able to point the finget at abbeys complaints department.

So now at least i can go home for xmas, relax and pick this up in january when i have all the info i need. Meanwhile as ive been looking into what the court claim bit entails im a bit more up on it before ive reached that stage so at least itll be easier once i have the statements and have added the charges to my spreadheet.

• 5 weeks later...

ok.....

all my statements finally came within a week of speaking to the nice abbey lady on the phone.

Ive filled in the calcualtions spreadsheet with all my charges and it totals more than i expected.... £2,501.50p in charges. £626.20 in interest.

Totalling 3,127.70p.

So before i had received all the statements i got a partial pay off of £385.00.

so i take it that when i fill in the court claim form that i deduct this amount received from the total or do i mention that they have paid this much back so far?

And do i fill in the n1 and send it to my local court or is this part of the online court claims website where i had registered with and started to fill details in with allready?

Im about to put in my court forms but not sure how i go about extracting the amount ive received as a good will gesture and mentioning it in the overall claim.

Do i just take it off of the total amount and not mention it unless it comes up later or do i say this is the amount i want and theyve paid me this much back?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Popcrash,

I assume that as you are this far you will have completed the spread sheet with all costs and they will be in date order.... take the amount off the LAST entries (the newest).

See my thread, I had exactly the same thing as well as other questions regarding the court process etc.

Nutty X

;) If I helped, then please click my scales ;)

My advice is only my opinion...

Please read the

FAQ's

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Abbey - £1600 - WON!!

Hi Popcrash,

I replied on your other thread... you might want to get one of the Mods to merge the threads... then stick to this one LOL!!!

:D

Hope I helped in my answer.

Nutty X

;) If I helped, then please click my scales ;)

My advice is only my opinion...

Please read the

FAQ's

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Abbey - £1600 - WON!!

I would enter the lump sum they paid you on the date they paid on the spreadsheet, as a minus figure and the SS will do the work for you. This then gives an accurate picture of how your claim has been managed.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.