• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Car Land & Black Horse Dilemma

jo5ephedward5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

JUST NOTICED THIS IS IN THE WRONG 'GENERAL' SECTION - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MOVE IT TO THE CORRECT PLACE.

Hello,

Now I’m not sure weather this should go in vehicle retailers and manufactures, garage services or finance under Lloyds so as it mentions all 3 I’ve posted here…Mods feel free to move it!

The Saga:

Feb 2005 I brought a Vauxhall Corsa 1.0litre 12valve Club from CarLand in Cannock using Black Horse for the financial side…now I knew then this was a mistake but I needed a car for work and I couldn’t get credit at the time with any other lenders (even Yes said No!!! – thank god).

I have never missed a payment but I now owe more than my car was worth 17months ago

I need to either sell or return this car as I have since moved to central London and haven’t even driven the car since January this year, yet have to pay to insure it and tax it as I only have on-street parking, I’m at a loss and hope some one can help me!

Here’s my issues:

CarLand:

1: they sold me a product called ‘Suregarud’ this is a paint protection plan and the salesman said it should be £299, but it was ‘in with the deal’. Now in with the deal I assumed was free…however upon going through my financial records today it has become apparent they have charged me £100 for this (of course interest is added over the 6 year agreement!!!) – I never had this product applied as I never got round to it and feel that firstly I was mis-sold it but secondly as I have never received the treatment / product then I should be able to get it back plus the interest?

2: They sold me a ‘warranty’ that was £800 for 12 months, again this has interest on it and is paid over 6 years…now I remember him taking to me about it and me saying no thank-you, I defiantly had this conversation with him as my dad used to be a mechanic so would be able to fix anything that could go wrong with the car for a lot less than £800 in the first year – bearing in mind the car was under 3 years old at the time of purchase so shouldn’t have been giving me 800quids worth of issues in the first 12montsh of ownership. The order has been ticked to show I didn’t want it then crossed out and ticked to say I did want it with the salesman’s signature next to it, I’m adamant that I didn’t want this product I would never pay £800 over 6 years for a 12month product (if that makes sense) and surely if the order had changed I should have initialled the form to say I had changed my mind not him?

3: When sold the finance no-one explained to me what it was i.e.: HP or Loan etc – I know it would have been in the terms and conditions but the sad truth is I was so happy I could get back on the road in something new that I didn’t care! – my bad, but it should have still been made clear imo

4: I had a part exchange on an old Mark 3 Astra – I said £100 would be fine but checking it they gave me £1…it was worth more than that for scrap and it still had full MOT and run well!

Black Horse Finance:

1: I assumed as it was a car this was a HP agreement – I called to asked how much I had paid (£2700) and asked if I could terminate it and hand it back as this was over half of the cost of the car (£4900). They said it’s not a HP agreement and it’s a Personal Loan, as I was told as it wasn’t a HP agreement I asked could I sell the car, they said yes I could sell the car, yet upon doing a HPI check the finance is outstanding and linked – can they do this as they surely cant have it both ways? Wither an unlinked loan or linked HP?

2: the loan was for £9000 the car was £5000 – 4900 for the car and 100 for the Suregaurd that I never had applied, the rest is interest…can they really add all the interest in one lump and not apply the interest daily? Now I owe £6300 for a car I brought 17 months ago at £4900 after paying £2700 off it!

3: The ‘extras’ Gap insurance, Service plan, (which I wanted) and the warranty that I didn’t ask for but have signed for, are run under a different loan, again they had set prices, then the interest was added in one lump and spread over 6 years – this loan was approx £2000 and I owe around £1600 still, why is this separate…it should have been in the same shouldn’t it?

My problem is it shows on my credit file as me having over 11K of loans (albeit with some paid off) to black horse when In reality I am paying for stuff I don’t/didn’t want and also showing I owe more than I brought products for in the first place…how can I start to sort this mess out as calling them seems to get me pushed from person to person.

Sorry it’s long winded people….any questions lol? :sad:

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

carland were in the wonderful position where you needed a car and they could provide one AT A COST

black horse were in the position were they were the onlt ones who would give you finance AT A VERY BIG COST

it looks like you have no comeback but if the car was purchased on a personal loan, then you have the right to sell the car. you are still left with a big difference.

i would park the car in the worst part of town and hope nothing happens to it

carland were in the wonderful position where you needed a car and they could provide one AT A COST

black horse were in the position were they were the onlt ones who would give you finance AT A VERY BIG COST

it looks like you have no comeback but if the car was purchased on a personal loan, then you have the right to sell the car. you are still left with a big difference.

i would park the car in the worst part of town and hope nothing happens to it

believe me there is nothing i would like to do more...but its a corsa...no one wants it, i'd fire the thing but cant bring myself to do it!

if i could sell it then at least i'd have say 2 - 2.5K in my pocket to clear other stuff like my credit card etc...

mmm - surely there must be something i can do about the 'mis-sold' warrenty?

mis-sold warranty??

they will say that you were obviously blinded by the shinny paint and you were probably given a cooling off period.

no-one wants it???

you did.... LOL

i didnt (lol) - it was all they had in my price range, and i needed a car

how can i be blinded by the sales man changing the boxes i ticked from no to yes and HIM signing it to say he'd altered what i had put...

i am having troubles with black horse as well, made worse by the fact that i bought an MG a month or two before they went bust!

i have missed a number of payments in the past, but i am hoping that i can claim back for these.

i am sure that i read on a website (debtline maybe) that if you offer to return to the car voluntarily you are only liable for half the remaining debt. but i suppose this would depend on which kind of debt it is, i too assumed HP. does anyone know anything further about this?

Nick this thread is here now : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/14629-black-horse-car-land.html#post112918

i think this one is in the wrong place and will be deleted soon - see my last post on the new link it may be informative to you

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar issue so this advise has been good -

Defo send the CCA and they should have to drop the Extra Care collection efforts to - tho they may keep handing it to other collection agencies!

they have also defualted my account - can i use the grounds of no paper work as lea-way to get this removed? - i hav eseen the Defualt threads but as there is no paper work so no enforcable debt how do you tackle it?