Lowell Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everybody,

Im new to this website so looking for help!!

im being pursued by lowell finance over a disputed overdraft with what was the bank of scotland approx 4 years ago. I thought the issue had been dealt with but , have recieved 2 letters from lowells and today 2 phone calls (on answer machine)

Im more than prepared to rough it out with these bad boys but any tactics would be more than welcome,

all the best GE

Hi, Lowells are very popular on here as I am sure you are about to find out:rolleyes:

They are experts at purchasing unenforceable debt.

You say that the overdraft was disputed - was that because of charges?

They are very good at sending threatograms - which is a CAG term for the endless drivel you receive through the letterbox. There are various ways of dealing with them, but can you give us a bit more information about what the alleged debt is made up of.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi goldlady,

the dispute with the Bank of scotland was that - at that time I lost my job I had an overdraft of approx £1500 I tried to arrange some sort of agreement with them but they kept trying to sell me a loan to cover it, and were constantly charging me for being overdrawn,

I contacted CAB I and then wrote a letter to them explaining my circumstance, recieved nothing back from BOS told CAB they said wait for reply nothing came , I moved house then country! came back to uk at xmas staying at dads untill I find somewhere to live and then letters/phonecalls from lowells start.

lowells are claiming I owe 3200.

goldeneye

Hi, I think you need to write to lowells asking them to prove the debt. There is a letter on here that I can't find at this moment but hopefully one of the other guys will find it for you. You also can tell them you will not allow them to contact you by phone. If no-one else finds this info I will look it up for you.

If you have been abroad etc how did Lowells get the phone number?

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi ,

thanks for your help , im really interested to no where they have got my details , I changed my bank account to first direct about a month ago as they were offering £100 to change account ,I phoned them up and asked if they had any idea how a DCA would obtain this info as they are the only institution to have any of my details, they phoned me back and said that in no circumstance would they pass on my personal details.They did however do a credit check ( which came back ok) but it makes me wonder if lowells can somehow can pick up info from this,

thanks for taking the time GE

Hi well I guess if your new address was registered when you opened the account and your Dad's phone number is not ex directory then that probably answers the question. Opening the account also probably triggered something with the DCA - it seems that doing a credit search on yourself brings lots of nasty people out of the woodwork:mad:.

As I said before, there is a brilliant letter saying you do not acknowledge the debt and asking for them to prove it exists. I will try and find it for you.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Edit to suit and don't forget, print your name, don't sign it :-)

;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks maroondevo - it is one of those letters I have seen lots of times but couldn't put my finger on it.

And here is the telephone harassment letter - I needed that one a few times:o

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

BANK CHARGES

Others

thanks curlyben two letters off tomorrow to lowells 1-to tell them i dont aknowledge the debt and 2-to warn them about phoning me up all the time.

ill keep everybody posted on my offensive against lowells and my claims back against BOS , thanks again for helping me getting the wheels turning:)

hi folks,

i have sent off the two letters - telephone harrasment and the letter thats on this thread regarding proving the debt , these were sent on mon -recorded delivery,I received a letter saying that as i have ignored there letters(not true) they may send an "agent" round next week. whats the best course of action now ? any advice much appreciated

Hi,

There's probably more chance of me turning up at your door next week :)

I would just sit and wait for more correspondence.

I'm not sure about that, the 14 days apply to a CCA request.

I'll try and get someone to clarify that.

Yes I am :D Sold my season ticket a few weeks ago, Romanov has ruined my year.

But I'm sure I'll be back ;)

Come on the J T's.

Regards.

Scott.

hi folks,

i have sent off the two letters - telephone harrasment and the letter thats on this thread regarding proving the debt , these were sent on mon -recorded delivery,I received a letter saying that as i have ignored there letters(not true) they may send an "agent" round next week. whats the best course of action now ? any advice much appreciated

That would be one of their invisible laughingly entitled 'Licensed Field Agents'.

In the highly unlikely event of one of these muppets appearing on your doorstep then tell them to go forth and multiply. They have NO LEGAL POWER WHATSOEVER and must leave your property when ordered. Should they fail to do so a quick call to the boys in blue will ensure their speedy departure.

Alas this threat is just bg standard Lowells Bovine Excrement

I have waited in many times (not) for their field agents but seems they got lost in the waving corn as they never made it!! There was the time that my postman handed me a card saying 'we called at your house today' however it kind of blew their cover - fools:o. And the doorstep collectors never made it as their van broke down due to the weight of other people's doorsteps they had already loaded up:D

I have yet to meet one - and I have (or had) lots of debt and lots of DCAs on my case.

BANK CHARGES

Others