help barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have asked barclaycard to send me information regarding charges to account and they have asked for £3 for every statement they send is this correct? or can i get info another way?

No that isn't correct. If you send a SAR to Barclaycard the maximum you pay is £10.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is a legal request for all data that Barclaycard hold about you, including statements. It needs to go off by rec. delivery.... because if they fail to comply, you can then threaten them with a Court Order, providing you've retained proof of that request.

sent SAR on 29th feb 08 they sent letter back today stating they wanted three quid per statement and even kept the bloody ten quid, rang them today got thru to indian callcentre who passed request to data protection team at least thats what I think he said

Hi Nablaen,

To what address did you send your SAR. Did you use a template ltr from this site.

What address did their reply come from.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Nblaen,

If you don't get a quick response with the info you need, use this address and write a brief complaint about what's happened.

BARCLACARD.

PO Box 5592.

NORTHAMPTON.

NN14 1ZY

Or you could contact the office linked here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/3331-barclaycard-contact-address-5.html#post998856

They've messed up and there's no way you have to pay per state't. I think you may have written to Cust'r Svs. All the contact dets are in the Sticky Thread at the top of the BC forum.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Nblaen,

That was quick. Get on with your SOC.

Check link no.1 Reclaiming Chgs Guide if you need help doing your Prelim letter. If you're still stuck, let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

have received letter from barclaycard stating as a gesture of goodwill and without admitting liability they are prepared to credit £108.00 plus 8% interest. my original claim was for £433.93 which broke down to 10 at £24.00 and the rest made up of their £12.00 fee plus interest it looks to me like they have taken 12 quid off each of the 24 pound payments and are paying that. in fact looks like if maths correct theyve only done it for 9 of the payments. any ideas what to do next?

Hi Debt4get,

Send off your LBA asking for the full refund as per your SOC (without s.69 8% int't which you can't claim until you file at court).

Adapt the letter to acknowledge and decline their offer.

You'll see from other threads here in BC forum that they're offering full chgs + 8% on other claims before peeps have filed at court - I guess you've been unlucky but I'm sure they'll up the offer.

Also, if they come back with a better offer including 8% int't, make sure the int't ties up with that shown on your SOC.

They seem to be trying to offer straight 8% on the overall refund without using the relevant dates, which may work out at less, particularly if you are reclaiming older charges.

yeah they are offering straight 8% despite charges going back couple of years have sent rejection letter and stated want full amount or court awaiting reply

the plot thickens......have just received this morning another letter from barclaycard offering me as a gesture of goodwill 72.00 plus 8%.... these letters look to me to be computer generated rubbish... however, on checking my balance someone has paid 100 odd quid into my account as my balance now below my credit limit, only sent letter yesterday evening saying not acceptable to previous payment of £108 plus 8% and if they paid it in take it back i want the lot when this other letter comes this morning...any ideas anyone??

Their offer of £108 + 8% [108 x 1.08] = £116.64. :)

Stick to my advice in post #15 and send LBA now.