customer data emailed to me by DCA - HFO Services

yhs4260
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive thought about it. But I am moving home in 1 week and to be honest I do not really expect anyone to turn up. Will I have to give a statement in person? It would be easier if I could write it all online and submit it!

I dont know. Im in two minds. Arghhh!

This is a SERIOUS breach of the data protstion act amoungst other things.

The caller obviously has your details and is acting outside of his company's remit. Or, more scary still, acting on behalf of the company and committing a serious criminal offence of harassment, intimidation etc.

Report this to the company concerned and the police.

Log all contact with this company and report to TS, OFT, ICO, FOS, your MP and anyone else.

On and make sure you record these calls as the press would be extremly interested in them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Have you thought of contacting the people on the list and letting them know tha HFO passed you details of their accounts;)

This is what I would do, especially as the Information Commisioner doesnt appear to be interested. Perhaps if ICO received lots of complaints from irate persons they might be inclined to act !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok....

If your drinking a drink, I suggest you put it down now....

Things have gone from bad to worse.

Last Friday (21st) I received a phone call at around 6 o'clock. This is how the conversation went...

Note for the record, the caller did not hide there number!

Me - Hello?

Caller - Yeah mate is this YHS4260?

Me - Er who is this?

Caller - Mate you owe me some money dont ya?

Me - No I dont who is this and what do I owe you money for?

Caller - You like putting stuff up your nose yeah?

Me - What are you on about?

Caller - Yeah, you like putting stuff up your nose dont ya?

Me - I have no idea who you are or what your on about

Caller - Come on dont mess about. You owe me money, you know mark dont ya.

Me - I have no idea who you are

Caller - Ill be round at 9.30 if you aint got my cash...

Me - (Hangs up phone)

Ok... So I begin to get really worried and panic. Im thinking about calling the police... 20 minutes passes by, and then the phone rings again...

Me - Yes

Caller - Oh hi I'm calling from the data protection act, am I speaking to YHS4260?

Me - Hold on hold on. Your calling from the data protection act?

Caller - Yeah

Me - You are aware that the data protection act is an act of law and not a department?

Caller - Anyway i've just got a few questions for you

Me - Hold on...... I think ive figured this out... You are ZXZX's friend from HFO Services?

Caller - Yeah

Me - And let me guess. ZXZX is peed off because he got a disciplinary or fired?

Caller - Yeah ZXZX got fired

Me - I cant believe this, how did you get my details?

Caller - We got all your details mate, name, address, phone number, the lot.

Me - Right... (Fuming)

Caller - Anyway we just want to know. Are you more annoyed with ZXZX or his boss?

Me - Uh? Well im personally annoyed at ZXZX for lying to me so I would have potentially made a payment. But ZXZX shot himself in the foot when he passed me onto his manager and I explained the data breach.

Caller - Ok. Thanks for your time. HANGS UP.

What the heck is going on? It looks like the man at HFO has been fired and his angry mate is ringing me up pretending to be the data protection act. I just dont know where to start!

How pathetic - if they did their job right in the first place!!! Behaviour like this is unacceptable and goes to show what type of people they employ!

If it were me I would be reporting this to everyone possible. With any luck you can get the "friend" fired too! I would go to the police if it was me too as they must have access to all of your contact details although in all likely hood its just some upset kid blowing off steam after being fired!

i decided today that im going to go all out for HFO. I have a seperate complaint with them concerning the now fired advisor, that being promises that would have never materialised.

OFT

TS

What is the organisation the gives credit licenses? them too.

plus all known newspapers. anyone else think of anyone else i can write to them about HFO?

Oh and dont forget to contact the BBC watchdog as they will be very interested in breeches of the DPA.

BBC - Consumer - TV and radio

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 11 months later...

OMG!!!!!! The stuff only nightmares are made of! Report them immediately. Data Protection Breach, followed by slander or libel (not sure which one!) Followed by false representation of who they are, assuming the call came from their company number, impersonating another body by DCA is a very serious matter, threats, intimidation, all serious. Just who the hell do they think they are. Goes to show they have obviously got away with his sort of behaviour for so long, it has become the norm for them.

Report them to everyone. Police, trading standards, Oft. information commisioner, Credit Services Association, and finally your local MP, who will most likely be very interested.

Also check out Financial services Authority, not sure if it is them of Oft who give credit licences, someone more knowing may confirm! And there was me saying to baby bear recently I was going to write a fairy tale about them (throws 25 pages of writing in the bin) GRRRRRR, will have to start again now on a horror story :mad:

I contacted the ICO. They acknowledged my communication however have still not written to me. Thus so far, no nothing has happened.

I even contacted HFO back regarding the matter. They called me and asked for payment, go figure!

lol lovely HFO. Have u chased the ICO?