BT and hidden charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well ok not so much hidden but was not informed but it took a while to find out what a 'one off payment was that kept appearing on my bill every quarter.

It was for caller display that I have never asked for and was never informed that I was getting. I dont even have a caller display phone and have never had one or even rented one from BT. Its meant to be free, but because I only use my phone for local or free calls and for my broadband I apparently get charged for this service. so basically I am being penalized for not using my phone enough.

I have asked them to cancel this service and asked for a refund.

Am I in my rights to do so and get money back that I have already paid for this charge especially when I have never asked for this service in the first place.

What complicates this was if you subscribed to a free BT service called 'BT Privacy' you got your number put on the TPS list, and got Caller Display for free. This worked great for a year or so then they changed it, saying you had to make 2 chargeable calls per month, and providing you did this, the service was still free.

The news of the change was in the last 3 'BT News' bill stuffer, so they DID tell people, but with all things, you had to read it to know. If you NEVER requested Caller Display, you could ask them to prove it - but BT Privacy spoilt it for many!

Ive never subscribed to any thing from BT. When I first went with BT many years ago I wanted the normal standard package, ie line rental since then all I have asked for is paperless bills and thats it. I dont even have friends and family etc;

How can they just start charging me for something Ive never asked for or even had any gumph sent about it, and its only started to appear on my bills for the last 3 bills

If they cannot give details of when you requested the service, you've a strong case for a refund. The best approach is to call CS and ask who asked for the service to be provided and when.

If they cannot give details of when you requested the service, you've a strong case for a refund. The best approach is to call CS and ask who asked for the service to be provided and when.

I dont have to bother now :o

I received an email from them this morning saying that they are going to refund the 3 months that they have billed me and have now canceled the service.. Im in shock here lol

:) Mind you, I find the service very useful!

not many people know my number so its not really worth it to me, and I rarely use my phone, I hate them really lol but do come in handy when needed:p