Tesco Clubcard Points

Lostpoints
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://picasaweb.google.pl/lh/photo/CN61ee-__f6-9HPhcaRQmoZs-HpGm18jB77IW5C3Gtw?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.pl/lh/photo/YfO9e_bDzK6W6C-RtmBytIZs-HpGm18jB77IW5C3Gtw?feat=directlink

Hi there. I got the Tesco Club Card sometime in November 2009. Since then I spent there about 10000 pounds,

which make up about 160000 points as I was mostly buying mobile phones and some transactions

were benefited by additional points. For this reason I had more points. When I reached 100 000 pints,

they disappeared and started accumulating from zero.Then the points got lost again when they reached about 56 000.

In February I got vouchers for 21pounds, which means 2100 points. I've been trying to contact customer service and I was told that

there is only 2100 points in the system and they will contact me later. They never did. I'd like to e-mail the customer service,

however there is not any contact details that would deal specifically with this kind of problem.Nevertheless, I think that

any messages would be ignored. After my phone call to the customer service, all the points gained seem to be

accurate.

I kept almost all receipts with the point, there is maybe few missing. If necessary, all the receipts may be scanned or photocopied and forwared to you.

I'd like to seek some advice how to deal with this problem as as it is quite a sum, 1600 pounds.

Regards,

Mark

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the simple facts are you have no way to substantiate your "claims" of lost points other than a feeling things are missing.

i deal with customers like you everyday! infact you infuriate me on a daily basis as you refuse to see things from the other side! i work on a Rewards Scheme for a large retail store, the amount of times i get asked to send vouchers again or add points they think are missing is immense! yet they are unwilling to provide a suitable proof of purchase.

so im supposed to just say..sure here have some money! its ok my company made 32bn last year we can afford it.

if you have no receipt and no way to PROVE you ever bought the goods, you are infact entitled to nothing. being charming or not wont get you any further, as a short example if i sent £5 to every customer i spoke to last year who said they were missing points but could not tell me when or where they should have gotten them i would (just me not company wide) paid out over £175,000.

the terms are there for a reason, if you dont agree with them, dont use the scheme and shop elsewhere.

Dear Nexxas,great to hear from you after such a long time even if your reply was not too pleasant.

I don't really get why you're upset. Maybe it seems to be not reliable, but in fact I have spent the amount of the money I was talking about.

1. Proof - have you seen on the attached photos that there are all the receipts from every single transaction? Probably not. The Tesco's costumer service proposed me to send them all the original receipts. With the fear of getting them lost, I proposed back to send the copies only or talk about it over an actual meeting with a costumer service worker. Guess what was the answer.

2. Term and condition- yes, I had read it before October 2010 and after. I don't know if you are aware of the changes in the term. and cond. due to the fact that it has been claimed that customers were taking an advantage of it. In short, after the changes you can only collect 30 000 points in 3 months, you can't be a business trader. How you explain that even when I had collected 8 000 points in the last June-October time, I have received a voucher for only 100 points.

To sum up, after many phone calls I gave up and understood that there is no way to get it right with a such gigantic company as Tesco is, as it hires the costumer service workers that believe in the computer data rather that the actual on-paper proofs i.e. receipts etc. I am aware of the fact that Tesco hires the best lawyers and the possibility of winning with them is low.

I have been told that the club point card is a form of fun for costumers and in my opinion it is a tricky marketing catch.

I would be really grateful for you not replying to this post if you have some more nasty things to say unless they are helpful.

its ok TS i have sympathy for you as you have your receipts and can prove your point values, and i would perhaps have sorted some vouchers if you were on my scheme (i dont work for tescos) i dont however have any sympathy for the original poster at whom my post was aimed, feelings dont come into a rewards scheme im afraid, if you cant prove it how can tescos? its not enough to simply say, well i shop everyweek the manager knows me etc... well yes thats great, im on first name terms with mine aswell, but i dare say even she cannot vouch for all my missing shopping trips.

if you had receipts (we accept photo copies or we do them on the phone) if they were out of date by a long ways sometimes we give free vouchers but not often, but the owness is on the customer to present their card which the OP most likely forgot to do and if he did, well sh1t happens, and yes i would say the same if it was me aswell, im just laid back and i dont rely on my clubcard points like some people do, if i get something great if i dont oh well, i dont feel gipped if i spend £1000 a year on food in tescos and only get £5 vouchers back, because 1. i dont count my points 2. i was going to spend that amount anyways and 3. i could have spent that in Asda and gotten nothing at all back... maybe im a rare breed that doesnt actually care about small things like this... i really do have more important worries, but hey if it matters to you thats fine, go for it, challenge them Tescos will back down if you keep pestering them by letter email and phone, beleive me i know they will, last year i bought a laptop that went faulty, i lost my receipt and paid by cash, legally i was entitled to squat! but i got them to replace it for me after 12 letters!!

perseverance against the wall that is Tescos is the only way sometimes.

i wish you luck, as i said unlike the other guy you have evidence!