Tesco Clubcard Points

Lostpoints
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well Mr. Bookworm, at least I have made someone smile :)

Your quite right that I am banging my head againt a brickwall,

Tesco's, like most of our corporate friends are the three monkeys personified ....

Hear No Customers complaints!

See not their own errors

and worst of all, they speak not to any paying customer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well have you considered sending them a SAR under the data protection act to obtain full details of the information relating to your Clubcard, Though wll cost you a £10 or 10000000000 Tesco Clubcard points.

I would pressume that every transaction will be recorded along with what was purchased, It could make interesting reading.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Interesting suggestion, It would only work if Tesco were registered as Data Processors, you would have to check with the Information Commissioners Office first.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Well have you considered sending them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) under the data protection act to obtain full details of the information relating to your Clubcard, Though it will cost you a £10 or 10000000000 Tesco Clubcard points.

I would pressume that every transaction will be recorded along with what was purchased, It could make interesting reading.

Ian

Reidnet, I have already obtained a statement of accounts for the said Clubcard. And guess what? the points balance.... But! what about the transactions that are not recorded ? If only I had kept all the receipts.

Nice List Michael,

But at the end of the day you'll always end up emailing the same faceless dorks at [email protected] . Who's policy is 'the more useless information we can give you, the bigger our company bonus will be' :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm thinking, shudder, that Lostpoints could be he who shall not be named....

I'm sorry, I might have some sympathy with you but you have attacked those who have tried to put forward arguments without putting any of your own forward. I still don't know exactly what the problem is.

Are you saying that you have had points and they have been taken away? You have after stated that they have gone missing. That implies they were there in the first place.

Or are you saying that you were not credited with points that should have been credited. In which case why not, as asked previously, check receipts?

Oh and btw, my dad, who is well over 21, used to be baby milk (when over 21) for someone who was consierably younge than he was. I think it was for a baby :rolleyes:

gyzmoI'm thinking, shudder, that Lostpoints could be he who shall not be named....

I do not know who you think I am, but I'd say, as you would expect me too. That I am an average sort of person, with a geniune grievance...

That being, I believe that points due to me from

purchases made at TESCO's have not been credited.

And if people think I have attacked them, the I hope they will forgive me. But as you read the threads, I feel under attack myself. A one person even suggusted I had never had the points in the first place. I suppose that is true, in that you have not got, what you should have, so therefore you never had it in the first place.

I'm thinking, shudder, that Lostpoints could be he who shall not be named.... :rolleyes:

Can see where your comming from Gyzmo, does look rather familuar..lol either that or he has been reading the said persons posts..lol

As I am aware anyone who hold personnal data for processing have to be registered with the ICO, Maybe Im wrong though.

And tesco do retain information regarding purchases made, especially if you use tesco direct, If you go back into your online account you can browse previous orders etc.. so data is retained for online purchases for sure.

Tesco Clubcard call centre is here in Sunny Dundee, so if you dont get any Joy with them I can pop in past and see if your lost points are lying around under someones desk..lol

Ian :grin:

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Gentlemen, do explain the code : Can see where your comming from Gyzmo, does look rather familuar..lol either that or he has been reading the said persons posts..lol

Because as I said to Gyzmo I am just a very UNHAPPY Clubcard owner.

And Gyzmo told me off for attacking those who are trying to help me.

BUT!!! You obviously take me for a FOOL

Tesco Clubcard call centre is here in Sunny Dundee, so if you dont get any Joy with them I can pop in past and see if your lost points are lying around under someones desk. :rolleyes:

Not taking anyone for a fool at all.. But if you cannot back up your claim with hard evidence Im afraid you dont have any cause for complaint.

Its a bit like me going to my bank and saying Im sure I paid in £25,000 but I cant find any record of it, Now do you think the bank would say It don't matter about receipt have £25,000. I Doubt It.

I can see why you are unhappy,But once again if you cant prove points have not been added or dont match your receipts then I think you are flogging a dead horse here.

And their Clubcard call centre is less than 5 mins away from me and I know peeps that work there, Needless to say I never seem to have Problems with my Clubcards.

Maybe lessons to be learned here too... Check your receipt every time you Shop at Tescos, It could be worth the couple of mins, I always do and on a few occasions have found errors and been overcharged for items.

Hope you dont take offence but thats my final word on the matter .. got bigger fish to fry ..

Ian

As a man over '21' I've gone past buying 'Powered Baby Food' now.

As a man over '21' I bought some 'powered (or even powdered) baby food' yesterday.... for my 2 week old son. Got it from asda though as it's cheaper than Tesco ;)

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking, shudder, that Lostpoints could be he who shall not be named.... I did not think voldermort would have a problem that would need him to come on here or to have a tesco clubcard. That would be more like what wormtail would be used for.

I'm sorry, I might have some sympathy with you but you have attacked those who have tried to put forward arguments without putting any of your own forward. I still don't know exactly what the problem is.

Are you saying that you have had points and they have been taken away? You have after stated that they have gone missing. That implies they were there in the first place.

Or are you saying that you were not credited with points that should have been credited. In which case why not, as asked previously, check receipts?

Oh and btw, my dad, who is well over 21, used to be baby milk (when over 21) for someone who was consierably younge than he was. I think it was for a baby :rolleyes:

Sorry to much harry potter.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi all,

I have noticed points missing in the past as well. I think the problem stems from when you have multiple visits to the store say over an extended weekend like the one we have just had. I don't think their system can't keep up!!

What appears to happen and this is just an example;

pop i Good friday and spend say £10, balance shown is from last working day.

Go in Saturday and do main shop say £100, balance shown will not include amount spent on Good Friday.

Call in on Easter Monday and spend £20, balance is still showing as before the other 2 spends.

I think this is the point that the OP is trying to make, that balances that should be shown upon visiting the next working day are not all there, i.e the full 130 points as per my example above.

I suspected this was happening to me, so I kept all my receipts for a couple of months and hey presto it was!!

I visited the store with all the proof and they added the points manually. No explanation was given and I've not noticed it happening since.

Tesco have the records of everything you buy and use and sell this for market research purposes. They could if they had the will go through everything the OP has ever bought and match that up to the amount of clubcard points awarded but then they would have to admit they were wrong.

I am more worried about the constant overcharging at my local Tesco. It wasn't so bad when you got your money back and the item(s) free, bargain!!

Now its only double the money back, what a con!!

Keep checking those receipts.

Regards,

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well!!

After reading this thread, as well as checking to make sure I wasn't overcharged this week, I also checked my points balance and guess what?

30 green clubcard points missing. They're the ones you get for either useing your own bags or re-useing carrier bags.

Keep checking those receipts!!

Regards,

Paul.

I have not had any problems and when my shopping gets delivered the points always seems to got on.

The OH always has a heart attack over how much we spend in tescos but i dont see him arguing when the vouchers are spent on the christmas alcohol bill as he then saves money.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

The OH always has a heart attack over how much we spend in tescos but i dont see him arguing when the vouchers are spent on the christmas alcohol bill as he then saves money.

He obviously doesn't realise that they'd be worth 4 times the amount if you redeemed them for deals instead ;-)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

lol barracad they dont provide anything that we want.

Airmiles are useless as we dont have passports, and he preffers the money of at the end of the year.

Wonder if they will be worth 4 times as much if you want to use them towards a debt?

I wish! However, I'm having a little treat myself. Collected BOGOF vouchers for Alton towers (now received). Got a free night in the hotel there and am using tesco vouchers to pay for Alton towers the next day. Yipeee!

Nice one barracad. Glad u can put them to good use. I dont think they would let me on rides at alton towers. They dont let me on the ones in the pleasure beach.

Wonder why?

Just an update!!I went into my local Tesco today and was overcharged again! Buy 2 Walkers multipack crisps (6 pack) for £1.75, but I was charged the full price. Double the amount overcharged = 72p. Every little helps.On the positive I phoned the clubcard helpline and pointed out to them that I was short of 20 green clubcard points and gave what details I had over the phone. They have promised to add them to my account.Regards,Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have had problems with Clubcard points a couple of times. The first time, I had every receipt. I buy things for people at work every weekday, and over a period of time the points on the statement didn't add up. I was missing over 100 points. When I queried it with customer services, they eventually accepted that I was right, but still didn't adjust my balance.

I then wrote to Tesco with a copy of their e-mail, admitting that my points were wrong. I never received a response, or had my missing points put on.

Now, a year later, my wife has the same problem. She rarely uses her clubcard, but she keeps every receipt. Her receipt on 24th February showed a balance of 439 points, plus 12 earned on that visit. Her next receipt 4 days later showed just 314 points. When she complained to customer services, they claimed that the points had been converted, and sent out as coupons. But this wasn't true, as she had earlier received a quarterly statement telling her that she had insufficient points to be given any coupons for that quarter. We are now waiting for Tesco to investigate further, but I don't hold out much hope of her getting the points back.

• 9 months later...

I have had a similar issue, just received my Christmas points and my points balance was virtually zero, i've since built it up to 420 +24 points for that visit, as of the 27/11/2009

my balance is now only at 94 although i've added 4 points to that visit on the 30/11/2009, so it can't be that its the end of the month or something

i've then since added another 50 points to my balance of 98. (94+4)

so it seems like it's been reset...

but if you check the receipt the first time after they seem lost the receipt says it's converted points up to the 22nd and they will arrive by the 19th... so i guess they are doing 2 lots of vouchers pre-christmas. rather than quarterly.. perhaps this explains other peoples issues?!:???:

yep they are giving u a bonus voucher. These bonus vouchers will normall be on ur february statement.