council tax banding

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read all the things to do getting a rebanding. But what can one do when one has no neighbours in a similar house. I have an old farmhouse that i think is in the wrong banding with no close neighbours in a farm house. I would like any info possible.

I am not quite sure, but I think the valuation office has to find a similar type property whether it be in your area or not, they then have to apply that properties sale within your area. If you ask them to review your banding they will then have to provide you with the details of this property and the sales used

If you ask them to review your banding they will then have to provide you with the details of this property and the sales used
They do not have to provide you with anything, they can just say: "I have reviewed your banding and it is right/wrong." They don't have to explain how they reached their conclusion, and there is no right of appeal or independant body to go to for higher adjudication. I should know, this is what happened to me. Even though my house was nearly £10k below the threshold for the next band, I was turned down flat and that was that. :mad: Bitter, moi? :mad:

ah yes I forgot about that. Best thing then is to write to them stating under the freedom of information act 2000 (not sure of the date) asking them for ALL the evidence and comparable sales which enabled them to band your property. There is no right of appeal, you are correct. You would then be able to view the information they have used to band your property. You have to apply in writting. and the freedom of information act does apply to the valuation office agency as it is a goverment agency of HMRC. So once you have all the facts you have something to argue with. You can apply in writting to have a review of your band as many times as you like. You cannot appeal though.