Harrassment By Dca But Dont Owe Anything!!

bonnie0852

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, over a year ago i defaulted on my car insurance by missing one payment, which i ended up having to pay the rest of my policy off as stated on their T+C's.

Then, 6 months later i started getting calls from Murray, White and Co saying that i owed the full sum of my policy as i hadnt paid it??

I called the insurance company (twice) to complain and they agreed that nothing was owing on my account and they'd let Murray etc.. know.

Its now a year later and im getting at least 4 calls a day (i wont answer my phone now) and letters claiming the money back PLUS charges for ignoring their letters!!

What can i do now as im seriously wound up by these calls and i dont seem to be getting anywhere talking to either company???

Regards

Bonnie

Pick up the phone , then when you know its them jsut put the reciever on the side , then carry on with what you were doing , go back 5 mins later , they will soon get peed off of this and the calls should stop.

DONT SPEAK TO THEM ,

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

To put a permanent stop to these creatures' antics, I suggest a letter along these lines:

Dear Sirs

Re: (Insurance co) - your ref: xxxxxx

Take notice that I dispute any alleged debt to (insurance co.). I am advised by (insurance co.) that they have informed you that I owe no money to them.

You are reminded that the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection considers that ignoring or disregarding claims that a debt has been settled or disputed is an unfair practice, as is failing to suspend collection activity whilst a debt is disputed. Consequently, I now require you to stop telephoning me. Additionally, I am advised that the additional charges you added in your letter dated xxx do not meet the requirements of the OFT Guidance. Any further calls or other demands for payment will be treated as harassment within the meaning of s.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and reported accordingly.

I will, of course, be happy to put the facts before a judge if you are minded to bring proceedings.

I do not expect to hear from you again, other than your apology and confirmation that this matter is at an end.

Yours etc.

Thank u guys!!

I called the insurance co again this morn (while i was in the mood) who once again have confirmd my account is clear, so ive asked them to write to the dca advising them of this and to copy me in on the letter.

If nothing comes of this or the calls continue i will use the above template and see how that goes??!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up :(

Thank you!!

Why not get the insurance company to put it in writing to you that you owe nothing, then send a copy off to the DCA,with a thread of taking them to court if they to not send you a letter with a full explanation of their actions :D

Why not get the insurance company to put it in writing to you that you owe nothing, then send a copy off to the DCA,with a thread of taking them to court if they to not send you a letter with a full explanation of their actions :D

I'll give the insurance co a week to send the letter they promised to me and if i dont hear anything i will write to both companies quoting some useful links i found on here (RE: Harrassment etc...) and see what happens. They've had a year to sort this out so no more Mr nice guy from me!!!

Thanx ;)