£300 for statements???

liberty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does anybody know this one?? i rang barclays today and the lady told me that for my statements the fee would be £300 ????!! that is £5 EACH for the last 6 years worth of statements...she was adamant.can anybody help please?

How they try to obstruct and delay!

The IC has ruled that statements are not part of your file. Instead write asking for a full list of all charges on your account on details of manual intervention in these charges. These are part of your file and must be provided under the terms of DPA at a maximum charge of £10.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 5 weeks later...

I received full statements back to Nov 1999 for my husbands account and they didn't even ask for any fee!

I had requested them in writing with the letter from the library and sent it to the PO box for barclays in Leicester.

If ever you are going to regret something regret doing it don't regret not doing it.

Barclays : £2740 lba on its way

Halifax: £1270 first request on its way

GM (HFC): £1950 + interest first request on its way

Barclaycard me: - awaiting statements

Barclaycard him: - awaiting statements

Citicard: awaiting statements

Money? It's a gas!

I have just received a letter from Barclays saying that they will supply copy statements "without charge on this occasion" despite the fact that I used the DPA route. My £10 cheque was returned.

Additionally, they asked what I meant by "manual Intervention", "could you please explain what you mean by this term and in consequence which records you believe may be of interest to you."

I used to work for Barclays. The fee is £5 per request per account. So you can request copy statments going back to the day your account is opened and so long as it's only one request, you only get charged £5.

Call centre staff have no discretion to waive the charge, some branch staff do.

If you have a Platinum Banking account there is no charge. If you have a few other products (savings/insurance/mortgage etc) with Barclays you may qualify for a free upgrade to Platinum Banking.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks