halifax home visits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Himy oh and i have both had cards to say that someone from the halifax is going to visit our home about our credit card debts.Can they do this and if so is there anything i can do to stop it.Did have a nasty phone call from one of them last week but he never mentioned a home visit.

we got loads of these off halifax dont worry no one ever turned up

And i had someone turn up, rather persistent little bugger but kept repeating myself that i was not paying him and would not make an arrangement to pay etc and that he was to leave and he left, they have to, if someone refuses to leave shut the door and call the police, i wouldnt inform them that you have called the police as they will only scarper and it would be more fun if they are still around :rolleyes:

Hi thanks for the info guys i spoke to someone from halifax today and they said that once the accounts get to a certaine stage than thay are automatically sent out.They have put all calls on hold as i said i would send in a soa as done by the cccs as to what i can and cannot pay so hopefully will come to some agreement with them.

• 2 years later...
we got loads of these off halifax dont worry no one ever turned up

yeah I think it is just a letter to prompt you to phone them because they are failing to make contact with you, I received one today. Once I explained that I had sent a DMP recorded delivery they have agreed to put my account on hold and stop any further charges. This was regarding my bank loan with them, not sure they will be so reasonable when it comes to dropping charges on my overdraft fees