Barclaycard address for statement requests

laurawilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just been on the phone to Barclaycard and a customer accounts manager told me to write to the following address to request a set of statements. Hope this is useful.

Barclaycard House

PO Box 5592

Northampton

NN4 1YY

Thanks Laura i was just searching for this!

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

I just phoned to chase up my letter of 8th March to their London head office, they were not at all friendly, unsurprisingly thee was no record of my letter at all and he said he would raise the request but I would be contacted to inform me of the charges, and told me in future to write to

Barclays Bank PLC

Leicester

LE87 2BB

If they are unfriendly to you on the phone, you should get the name of the person you are speaking to and then tell them to keep a civil tongue in their head or transfer you to their supervisor.

Send another letter, recorded delivery and tell them that the 40 days started on the day after you posted your first.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I have sent another letter to the Leicester address, saying that the 40 days started on the day I sent my first, but have not sent it recorded delivery , as I can't get to the post office today and - after all, I note that when they write to me to inform me of charges etc, they don't send these by recorded delivery.

I will ring and check if they got it next week though, and if not, start the recorded delivery. I also email the letters to myself so that I have an electronic record

The point of the recorded/special delivery is that you have a record that is accepted in law that an item was posted.

This might be needed if the DPA request wasn't met within the 40 days and the IC needs to know when it was sent. They probably won't accept the email copy as there's nothing stopping you from emailing yourself but not sending the request for another 39 days.

With the other letters, the court needs to know when they were sent so they can see you allowed the times stated.

I used to send things by recorded delivery and understand the point you are making, but legally 1st class post is adequate service., it does not need to be recorded, and , as I said before, the bank doesn't send me things by recorded delivery ( except bank cards..)

will check again next wek and if "lost" a=gain,m then willl send recorded

You are quite correct as to the point of law. However, the banks will use any tactic to delay and wear you down. The IC might accept that the bank did not receive a letter sent by post.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks