• Tweets

• Several issues raised.    What sometimes happens with benefits, is that when one benefit is backdated, there is a knock on effect to other benefits.    In this case, you had received Universal Credit payments without Carers Allowance being deducted for, as when those UC statements were issued, the CA backdating decision had not been made.    Eventually CA was backdated and you received a lump sum.  This would have been advised to UC, who would have recalculated each monthly assessment period that the CA related to and this overpayment would have been automatically system calculated.  Your revised UC payment statements can be viewed online on your claim  and you can compare the revised net award amount with what you were originally paid by UC. The letter in your UC journal advising of the overpayment should confirm the time period the overpayment relates to.   In regard to the DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE , what this is about, is that due to the Covid-19 crisis the country was in during 2020, with millions of benefit claims being made, is that DWP did not check all information as thorougly as it would normally be checked.   So they are currently going through a process of checking information  again, to ensure it was accurate.      Savings above £6000 need to be declared, as then UC would make deductions.  And £16000 or more would mean not eligible for UC in most circumstances    
    • I did say "in general". Each case will turn on its individual merits.   However, the ruling you kindly provided does raise an important point - that the burden of proof (whether the place where the driving occurred is subject to the RTA) rests with the prosecution. It is not for the defendant to prove that where he drove was not subject to the law. The prosecution can do this by adducing evidence of use by the general public and that's what they failed to do in the case you cited.
    • Keep from sending your WS till the latest possible time and hope that they send theirs to you before that. When they do please post it up along with all the other attachments and the contract so we can rubbish what they say  and point out the flaws in it when completing your WS.  But please ensure that your WS gets away on time even if they don't send you theirs.
    • anything that even remotely mentions trading bitcoins or AI bits of one is ALWAYS a con. the very fact that it seems to good to be true is somewhat a give away...................
    • dear xxx   i refer you back to my email dated^^^^   you replied indicating you were awaiting documentation.   you have now replied today with a series of SLC statements , which do nothing really other than confirm what was already apparent and known, that no payments had ever been made nor were ever due from me at all regarding the period my loans were directly administered by SLC before the sale to your client. Which not to be too blunt, confirms the debt WAS already statute barred by the time your client bought the debt and latterly issued a backdoor claim form and the resultant default CCJ.   i was under the impression you were investigating and awaiting documentation that confirmed my above claim? So have you also received my annual deferment forms which proves none exist past year xxxx and are you going to set aside the CCJ FOC to me now because of you clients obvious mistake   or do i have to raise an N244 at my expense against them and thus claim back that cost and financial compensation to the irreparable damage to my credit worthiness over all these years through court??   thank you for your time..
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Pegleg vs Natwest- Charges refunded

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted to let those know that gave me their advice, that Natwest have refunded all the charges they made against my account - yippee! The template letters were very handy. Thanks to all.

Congratulations, Pegleg.:D

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to let those know that gave me their advice, that NatWest have refunded all the charges they made against my account - yippee! The template letters were very handy. Thanks to all.

What templates did you use Pegleg?

I just have most of my Job Seekers Allowance that I have to live

on for the next two weeks grabbed by Natwest, and would

be a huge help if I can get them refunded before direct debits

start bouncing all over the place and get hit with even more

charges later in the month.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

What templates did you use Pegleg?

I just have most of my Job Seekers Allowance that I have to live

on for the next two weeks grabbed by NatWest, and would

be a huge help if I can get them refunded before direct debits

start bouncing all over the place and get hit with even more

charges later in the month.

Hi. First I must tell you that it took me nearly 3 months to get it sorted out. I kept being told the bank would not refund the charges until the outcome of the OFT case. I sent Natwest a preliminary letter from the templates library asking for the money back & then a LBA 14 days later. I quoted the Social Security Administration Act 1992 Section 187 187.—(1) Subject to the provision of this Act, every assignment of or charge on–

(a) benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

[3(aa) a jobseeker’s allowance;]

(b) any income-related benefit; or

© child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; Anyway it worked for me, but Natwest said they refunded my money because the amounts I had gone overdrawn were small i.e the most was £10. You could also send them a Right of Appropriation letter in the Bank Templates Library. It will stop them taking your benefit money. Good luck with it all.:)