Housing Benefit Review

borisbeaver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had a housing benefit review and the council have come back to me and said I have a £200 overpayment.

This was triggered when my WTC changed. It actually reduced.

This is the logic. I was claiming HB with my WTC at the higher level. The Council have the new figure, which is £60 per 4 weeks lower than the previous figure.

I don't know about you, but if I had overstated my WTC, then surely I should have had an underpayment? I understand that the council can't back date it.

I just can't understand their logic, unless the previous award was badly done in the first time.

Additionally, on one letter, they state that the period I have been receiving my credits is from the 02/04/08 to 25/02/08. Don't know how that one works!

I have now requested a review of the decision.

Doesn't sound very logical to me - if in doubt, send a SAR to find out exactly what they have calculated.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 2 weeks later...

The WTC went down due to a change in wages. I actually moved house the same time my wage changed so I had to do a new claim.

Funnily enough, I have just received my new council tax bill and in it, was a revised housing benefit award to start from the 1st of April with the changes the chancellor had announced. The Hb has actually gone up!!

WTFluff is going on! I haven't got a decision from the review yet, but I have confirmed with the council that they had received my review request.