Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


what should l tell the valuation office?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4343 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi, got a request from the valuation office agency for Non domestic rating requesting info on my husbands rent for his workshop(for business rates).the business has now closed due to his illness with cancer and currently he is storing his stuff in it until he can get rid of it, blacksmiths stuff. he is on invalidity benefits.

last year we got small business rebate,(which was worth 50% of the rates charged)as i was initially advised to keep claiming it, as this would be cheaper than the severe illness thingy they can grant, it also takes much longer than the small B R to grant .but at the time he hoped he would work again.

question is, if he isn't trading any more can he still claim small business relief or the severe illness thingy? i assume if we cant, he will have to pay the full rates if we are simply occupying the premesis. i have no idea when the anvils, forge and 2 ton power hammer may be removed!!

i am still having to pay the rent.

i ask because the first question is..what is the property used for?

should i say storage ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes tell them it is used for storage of his tools, it may even be worth calling them and explaining your situation, they may have more answers for you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...