1st Credit/United Utilities-Water

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife is being hassled via Phone calls/Letters off 1st credit over an over due water bill,she has contacted united utilities and has received a payment card to pay bill.

1st off is Water covered by Consumer Credit Act,if so should I send CCA request,to 1st Credit.

Or send letter to say we have an arrangement with United Utilities.

Any Help

Nova

I don't know if water is covered by the consumer credit act. As you say your wife has been sent a payment card to pay the bill I would write to 1st credit and request that they do not contact you again as you have an arrangement in place with United Utilities and are currently paying them direct.

I have the same problem with my water bill and Robinson Way, I made a thread about cca'ing Littlewoods and mentioned this in it but utility bills are not covered by the act.

I am still paying last years water bill on my payment card as asked, but constantly get letters off RW telling me I have to pay them, I just ignore them and keep paying on my card. I've just received this years water bill with last years outstanding amount added onto it(almost £700)! :eek: and details of all the payments I have been making so United Utilities are acknowleding my payments.

Two days ago though I received another letter from RW saying UU have passed this years water bill onto them as well as last years and that they have to collect it! Not sure how that works because as of now I am not in debt with this years payments.:???: They also tell me the amount I am paying is now not enough and that they will up my payments accordingly and let me know, I don't have an arrangement with them. Pffftt

I'd do as Wino says. :)