Small Biz v HSBC need some advice

jssandy01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, need some assistance from anyone claiming as a LTD. small business. sent prelim letter using biz template. Have had letter back quoting terms and conditions etc. refusing claim. Next step is LBA. Has anyone been successful with small biz claiming charges back? Would be interested in what went on and if it follows same pattern as consumer. I initially went via Commercial manager who has passed the buck and suggested next steps to liase with quality services in Leeds. Branch is in Croydon? We have migrated from HSBC due to their lousy service so they a a bit peeved. I suspect.

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Hello,

We have a small ltd. business going into battle with hsbc. We are claiming bank charges back over last 6 years (early days yet) and have now moved to another bank. We met HSBC at the end of march 06, and they wanted us to move our business including our business loan by 30/6. We could not do that but will be moving it all by mid August. Our new bank have agreed to take over some of our facilities and it has taken some time to organise. As we could not hit the deadline of 30/6 they have charged us 0.1% of total bank facilities. They did put that in writing and we did reply stating that we did not think this was fair and reasonable and did not accept this charge. They charged it anyhow!

Is this a penalty charge? could we claim it back? it has amounted to almost £4k as they have backdated to April.

Help would be appreciated.

Hi i'm a small business and about to start claiming bank charges back. My question to you is how did you obtain your six years list of charges ? Did you use the template letters on this site, if so which did you use ? I'm a bit confused would appreciate your help. thanks

Hello there,

Glad to see someone in similar circumstances. I will help if I can.

We fortunately had existing statements so could work out what was owed.We had to ask for copies of some statements and they charged £10.We are currently waiting for them to come.

They turned down our initial request for a refund quoting the old chestnut of terms and conditions but we are just sticking to our guns and when the statements arrive we will go for the whole lot.

Will keep this updated as I have not seen any other business's going through the same process as yet.

Would be interested to know if there are any success's out there.