Statutory Demand Advice please

denver

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an old credit card debt for under £1,000. The DCA that bought the debt from the CC company have chased it for years but I'm certain about a third of it is made up of charges.

The DCA(1) got another DCA(2) to chase it and I requested a CCA (registered post) from them(DCA2). They didn't reply and eventually DCA1 were back harrassing me.

I sent a CCA request to DCA1 (not registered unfortunately) and they didn't respond.

Now they have sent me a Statutory Demand by 2nd class post. I have sent another CCA request (registered with £1 payment).

I know that the chances of them going through with a bankruptcy petition are slim but I want to cover myself and get the SD set aside. So these are my questions:

1. What should I put down as my reason to get the SD set aside?

2. If it doesn't get set aside and they went ahead with the petition what would my options be?

Thanks

Hi Denver,

As you hijacked my thread I'm gonna hijack yours!!:mad: lol

There are some useful tips on my thread but i assume you've read all them by now. i did come across the thread below tonight though and it's very helpful indeed and has what you need, good luck and may we both prosper!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/86067-getting-statutory-demand-set.html

Regards

Carl