style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Just a brief situation, hope somebody has some input.

I had an existing contract with 3mobile. An authorised reseller phones me within a couple of weeks of the contract expiring. After agreeing terms and forming a verbal contract I find that some weeks down the line, the deal is not the deal I was promised.

If 3mobile do not have a recording of the telephone conversation. Who says that a contract exists and what terms were agreed?

Many Thanks.

Their default terms of service would apply, and you only need to make a payment to confirm that you agreed to it (on the basis that if you OKd the payment, you agreed to the arrangement).

So essentially a reseller can lie to you about the type of deal being offered? If you have no proof of what was agreed, refer to the default terms of service......nice.

Most contracts are set up on DD, so by the time the money has left your account it's too late? Doesn't sound right to me.

Thanks for your reply though.

We're talking about different things. IF a dealer spins you a fairy story, then the buyer still has a responsibility to ensure what is ACTUALLY being offered matches this. This will include looking at the contract which you'll be asked to sign, and the relevant box for the tariff will be entered on ticked. Verbal promises NOT shown in the airtime agreement should always be taken with a pinch of salt - should either be delivered on the spot (to prevent disputes later) or some form of corroboration to prove that the offer was made, a leaflet or a witness to the arrangement.

Doing things by post/web brings in the Distance Selling Regulations, and as everything will be in writing, (usually) less of a hassle but often you don;t get to read the small print until it's too late.