new job and holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have been accpeted ot start a new job which i am thrilled about it. however, i have anholiday which was book last year and already paid in full by my someone else ( it was a gift for our wedding ) anyway i am due to start this new job on monday and we are supposed to go away in june this year for a week and a half abroad. in the all excitemrnt i forgot to mention about this i am unmeployed for the last six month aqnds can't wait to get back to work.

i was just wondering can they refuse to take me on cause of this holiday , can they refuse it ?

First of all congratulations on the new job.

I think it very unlikely that you would jeopardise your job by having a holiday already booked. I would suggest that you explain the situation as you have here and write to your new boss something along the lines of:-

Dear Sir,

First of all may I say how much I am looking forward to starting work with you next Monday. Unfortunately in all of the excitement at being successful with my application, I cannot remember whether I was asked about any pre-existing holiday plans, but I do not believe that this was discussed. I therefore need to advise you that I am in fact due to be away between xxxx and xxxx on a holiday which was booked for us as a wedding gift and unfortunately cannot be rescheduled.

I appreciate that I will not by that time have accrued sufficient holiday entitlement to take the time as paid leave, but would be grateful it if you would agree to honour the remainder as unpaid time off. Please let me know if I need to complete any formal paperwork with regard to this.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxx

Employers generally are prepared to honour prebooked holiday as long as you don't tell them at the last minute.

Hope the job is everything which you hope it to be!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

thank you sidewinder will do i don;t it will be a problem as they seems quite friendly i just don;t want to appear a bit "phoney" I am starting on momnday so i will make them aware as soons as i start . can't wait to start going crazy doing nothing at home and daytime tv is rubbish lol !!!!

Be straight with them from Day 1 and they will repay you for it I'm sure.

Know what you mean about daytime TV - I'm off this week and am appalled! Cheers.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!