Please help, completely desperate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure if this belongs in the employment section or not but please move it as appropriate.

Basically I need to know what you do if you can't afford to comply with a court order. The order in question is an order to supply documents issued by an employment tribunal in Glasgow. I have been ordered to produce copies of my medical records from 2 different sources (GP records and hospital records) and I have to pay about £90 altogether because the hospital records date back almost 10 years and include scans and X-rays which I was specifically told to supply.

The hospital quoted me £50 for theirs and the GP wants £40 for his. £90 is a lot of money for me. I don't work because I was dismissed. I live off of a student loan, a bursary and disabled living allowance (MC,LM). I use the loan to pay for uni expenses and the bursary covers my rent leaving me with the DLA (roughly £220 a month) to pay phone, electricity and gas, food and toiletries. I am barely managing as it is and have maxed out my overdraft facility and my credit card.

When the other side applied for this order I told the court I couldn't afford it and they've granted it anyway. I have no interest in obtaining these records for myself because I just had life changing surgery and want to move on from all the crap from the past. I don't see why I should have to pay this huge cost and put myself in even more debt to get documents that I don't even want to read.

Thank you for any help given

FV x

Have you spoken to the court and asked them if they could order these records from the hospital themselves? Advise them that you are being obstructed by the cost and ask them if the other side should maybe pay because they are the ones requesting them.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi there, I agree with Tiglet in that you should contact the court and advise them that the cost is outwith your means. Are you representing yourself at the tribunal or do you have a union rep/solicitor?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I'm representing myself due to management at my old place of work "discouraging" union membership and some stupid rule that says you can't get proper legal aid in scotland for tribunals.

The court are fully aware that I can't afford this, I wrote it in my objection to the order being granted and the other sides lawyer said it's not his problem and changed the request to include the second set of medical records as well without copying me in on it and the court granted it knowing I wasn't copied in (so i couldn't object to it). I don't know how they can expect me to pay for two when I can't even afford one.

perhaps writing to the court and enclosing the sheet they use in the debt area to show incomings and outgoings wouldn't hurt either.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

The above circumstances are surprisingly similar to my own (different tribunal but same order and suspiciously similar lack of copying into letters). I'm considering writing a formal complaint and copying in Kenny McAskill to see what he has to say about the whole thing. IMO employers shouldn't be allowed to appoint high priced lawyers to "get them off" when they have treated employees so badly.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)