style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I started a v small business last year and opened an account with Natwest. Unfortunately I've accumulated some charges due to payments missing to me from clients. I've been successful on our personal account reclaiming charges and wondered if it was worth going after the charges on my business account. As I said, I'm a very small business and things are very slow moving for me at the moment. If I could claim back these charges it'd help me out hugely. I've already requested copies of all statements and should get them sometime within the next 7 days.

How does the OFT case affect new claims? Are they all on hold or are Natwest paying out still?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Jayne

THe OFT case doesn't affect business claims at all since it is testing the UTCCR1999 which don't apply to business accounts. So go for it. There are special versions of the various letters for business accounts in the library.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 2 weeks later...

Steven is right , but there have been some business claims stayed recently. It might be worth going down the Financial Ombusman route. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/130570-fos-resumes-business-claims.html

Give them a ring and see what they say. contact us Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update and question - I've had a reply to my initial request for repayment. They're saying it may take them 6 weeks to look into my claim fully so to be patient with them. However, it's now time for me to send the LBA so my question is this - do I send it or give them the 6 weeks?

Thanks in advance

Jayne

THat's easy - send it :)

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 1 month later...

HI, hope someone can advise - had reply from NW today saying charges are fair. I had already sent LBA but am thinking maybe this is response to original request for refund and possibly need to resend LBA?

Thanks in advance

Jayne

Of course NatWest are going to say the charges are fair - keeping on saying it doesn't make it so!

However, the st case has given us a problem with business claims because of te ruling that they are not penalties. Given that you can't use UTCCR1999, there is not much to go on altough peole here asre working on it.

When was your account opened?

Do you have the T&Cs from when it was opened filed away somwhere?

Steven

My Wins

Did they send you letters when the charges were applied?

If so, I would read them again very carefully, looking for any hint that they intend the charges to be punitive, or that they believe that a breach of contract has occurred. I found it helped to compare any obviously legalese phrases with your T&Cs.

If you *do* find any such hints, do tell us - we might be able to turn it into gold.

• 3 weeks later...