School Yellow Zigzag lines marked PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading this forum for quite some time and would like to say THANK YOU to all for sharing, advising and guiding to resolve all type of matters.

I have written to my Local Council about the parking ticket issued outside the school parked on Yellow Zigzag lines towards the end where I am not blocking any thing or putting children at risk. However I would be grateful if some body can advice me, DO I have chance of not paying this ticket or I have to pay. My personal circumstances are I am unemployed at the moment and no saving. Looking for Job but in the mean time can't pay the ticket. So I will be grateful if some body can guide me. Thanks

You don't have to pay if you can make out one of the statutory grounds for appeal or if you can convince the council that there are compelling mitigating circumstances.

To do this you need to scan, wash and post both sides of the PCN so people here can take a look at it. I suspect that copies/details of the signage will help too.

If you can't do this and don't pay, the likelihood is that you will lose your car.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Get a copy of the TRO. The vast majority of these yellow zig-zags are simply painted on the road without the expense and inconvenience of a TRO,

Without a TRO they are unenforceable - beyond a ticket (FPN) for obstruction by a PC or police traffic warden (or a PCSO if the appropriate power to issue is authorise).

Get a copy of the TRO. The vast majority of these yellow zig-zags are simply painted on the road without the expense and inconvenience of a TRO,

Without a TRO they are unenforceable - beyond a ticket (FPN) for obstruction by a PC or police traffic warden (or a PCSO if the appropriate power to issue is authorise).

Sorry every thing gone is above my head. First of all thanks for the reply and your time, second if you can explain in plain english for me I will be grateful.

Thanks

TRO = Traffic Regulation Order

FPN = Fixed Penalty Notice

PCSO - Police Community Support Officer

A traffic regulation order must be applied for by a council to enact any restrictions it wants to make on its roads. Without one lines and signs become unenforcable.

They should have a copy of the order available if requested from members of the public.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've moved the off topic posts to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/134329-parking-school-zigzag-lines-2.html . This topic is solely for helping the OP.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.