Babydoll/ debitas

babydoll0141917
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they can go and take a short run of a long cliff :D

Thats even funnier than the way it's supposed to be said..:D:D:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi babydoll

Very strange they keep asking for your signaturefor a s78 request,!:confused: I sent my s78 to them about 18 months ago and they never asked for my signature,I know they sometimes do for a sar request but it is strange they asing you k for a signature fora s78 requst,as you say maybe it stallling tactic,I suppose you could send them an unsigned letter and point out that they they are happy enough to send other confidential information to your address without a signature or proof of identity and there is no legal requirement for a signature on a s78 request and why are they insisitng on a signature from you when other people gets responses without having a signature request!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi sunflower thats for popping in

I know what you are saying ..this has been going on since 2008..i did send them a letter in 2008 telling them that a sig wasnt need and ..that they were happy to send statments to this address etc.. When i CCAed them i did it for my OH and me as we both had Cap1 cards ..They wanted both our sigs BUT all of a sudden they sold OH to lowells ..I CCAed lowells for OH and they sent one without asking for a sig!! there is a debate on weather its enforcable or not ..You hav prob seen the late 2005 CCAs!! I was paying Cap1 £1 per mth after me OH lost his job after being diagnoised with eplepisy and having to go on disability allowence..i sent them I and E and they let me pay £1 for a yr..After the yr was up ..they wrote to me again and asked for update of I and E i said no has my partner had recently became a mature uni student and his student finance was his and it wasnt his debt..they wrote back saying as money was still being payed i could continue to pay £1 for another yr ..Then after that yr they asked again ..told them no and they got freds on to me..

Why not just send a blank CCA ..?? they must be stalling me or surely they would send it

BD

• 5 months later...

In the past letters i have received from DCAS they use to use the word MAY or SHOULD or WILL ..they now seem to be using LIKELY or VERY LIKELY to issue proceeding ,,Is that cause for concern?

Also my OH has been fighting lowells over an old Cap1 account..On the last letter he received they said they knew he was a home owner ..He DOES NOT own any property is this just standard

threats again ??

Many thanks

In the past letters i have received from DCAS they use to use the word MAY or SHOULD or WILL ..they now seem to be using LIKELY or VERY LIKELY to issue proceeding ,,Is that cause for concern?

Also my OH has been fighting lowells over an old Cap1 account..On the last letter he received they said they knew he was a home owner ..He DOES NOT own any property is this just standard

threats again ??

I think this answers 9/10 of your question

Many thanks

The only time I would worry is when proper/official papers arrive and even if they do there will be lots of help available on here

Most of the time DCA's are all p*** and wind, delusional to the point that they actually believe in what they send out :lol:

Try not to worry

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Do you check your credit files, if so, might be worth a look as they seem to contain information on Land Registry Searches etc. now, and they may have incorrectly put something on his files.

If you do not check often, then I would let sleeping dogs lie until something more 'frightening' appears - ohh Haloween soon, HalloweenAnimGhost.gif

threats again ??

Many thanks

it seems that someone in the dca office is looking in the dictionary, looking for new words to send in thier threatograms.

it seems that someone in the dca office is looking in the dictionary

Anyone can pick up a dictionary but I just can't even imagine that an employee in a DCA office can actually read one :-D

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• 1 year later...

OH received a SD from a process server 2 days ago

, old Cap1 card,

received agreement few years back,

Caggers said looked ligit,

then there was a big debate as to whether they were ligit as they looked leaflet form,

had quiet afew letters over the years from lowells,hamtons etc even offering 50% off,

Im sure this a ploy to get him to pay,

even tho Ive read that lowell do petition for BR OH would rather be made BR

he has nothing so would suit him,Cant see why anyone would make some1 with nothing BR tho ;)

offering a discount and then going to court

very rare

they think they an get a default judgement

whats the org debt please

i'll merge the threads.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for replying.

The orig debt was Cap1

..they offered a discount over a year ago.

.got paper work some where will have to sort it out

,,the debt is for 5 and a half grand

,,There is def charges and intrest on there

..OH has nothing to offer

..I really think its a bluff that has been served proper.

.He would be happy for them to make him BR ..but when you want them to ,It never happens ;0

well you've batted off two sd's already looking at your past threads

so this should be easy for you/

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

wat do you mean 'let them be?'

dx

and they

OH may well Offer £10 a mth (NON NEGOTIONABLE) He really aint got time for all this Crap from Lowells!! The did say in the letter attached to SD that there is still time to pay either a F& F or instalments for a reasonable offer ..If £10 not reasonable enuff for them ..Then Bring on Bankrupcy, As OH has Nothing ;)

BD, have they actually shown proof of a valid consumer credit agreement? How long ago was the debt last paid? Without a valid CCA 1974 compliant agreement Lowells would not be able to force through a SD (as long as you challenge it!) If you pay ANYTHING you would reset the 6 year limitation rules

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Well they did send a CCA a few years back ..Every one on cag said it was ligit ..but then there was a big debate wether they were ligit as a lot of ppl had them too ,and they looked leaflet form ,,So none the wiser wether is was or wasnt ..nothing has been payed on the debt since 07 or 08 ..Yes I understand it would reset the clock

Also I do wonder why they have left it all these years Befor sending a SD ,,Wouldnt they have done it sooner if they had concrete evidence ??

Because a lot of people will automatically pay !

Do you have any charges or PPI on the account that could be reclaimed.

Were you sent a Default Notice - did you receive a Notice of Assignment

Do you have a thread of your own in connection with this issue ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D