From Nigeria to China now!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

E-mail received earlier:

Date: 03/05/08 01:13:18

Subject: BUSINESS COMPLIMENTS

--

Dear Friend,

I am Mr. Wang HongZhang, Chief Disciplinary Officer, People's Bank of China (PBC),Beijing. I have an obscured business proposal of 24.5millionUSD for you.Please get back at me if you are interested.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Wang HongZhang.

I wonder if I should reply. After all, even with the current exchange rate, 24.5 million USD is not to be sneezed at. :-D

I'd push for 30 million. I had one from Japan the other day, so yes, these scams are going oriental. I still can't believe people fall for this stuff. I guess they must be desperate, if not plain stupid. If they didn't reap reward these emails wouldn't be sent in the first place.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I ring the English ones up repeatedly at 4a.m. till they answer. :-D :-D :-D The last one took 30 minutes to answer. I think I got him out bed. Never mind. I didn't give him time to spin his yarn. I just filthily abused him till he hung up. 8) 8) 8) Moral of the story? Don't send these ****ing emails!

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I had one from a Lady someone or other in Spain who had researched her family tree and I was a long lost relative due to inherit her fortune and castle, and could I fly over to her with a package collected from a certain address which would prove my identity!

I handed the email to my sister who is in the Met Police (Forensic Officer) and she passed it to the Fraud lot.

Another good one is to have an alternative email and have an automatic reply set to send back "This PC is in the hands of the UK Email Fraud authorities - you will be visited by a representative shortly"......