help please with Apex and RBOS

MR DEREK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can i just say how great this site is, it has given me hope that people can stop harrassment, or at least laugh at the letters when they arrive.

I have edited out about how i incurred the debt, and my questions about bank charges. But what i really need is good advice about how to deal with the Apex side of things, and to clarify if rbos can sell off the debt even though i have been paying regular as clockwork for years. i have not had any contact from Apex in two weeks now, but expect some soon.

Now hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

Recieved a standard letter from APEX (formally BCW group plc) regarding a £2300+ debt outstanding to RBOS. initiating formal debt collection proceedings etc, make arrangements within 72 hrs or may get a visit to establish residency and reason for non-payment. Also a couple of phone calls

Now i have had no contact from RBOS regarding this, i have been paying £30 per month for what seems like forever,by standing order into what i believe was my old current account number and sort code.(at least 4-5 years i believe) i suddenly find that RBOS have sold this debt on. and that APEX are not going to accept the £30 per month and are seeking a new higher agreement.

I have never missed this payment since it was set up, can they pass it on like this?. It is so long ago i have no details of the loan or of how much i have paid back. Do i now stop payments till this is sorted, or pay RBOS as normal. (the apex call said to stop payments, but that any payments made would be forwarded on to them anyway...(so why should i stop? if i just pay as normal will it go away?))

How do i go about getting Apex off of my back. I cant understand how i still owe over 2300 after all this time. I would normally be happy to pay off these things but feel that this is all down to bad practice by RBOS in the first place so would appreciate any guidance in dealing with this. Will RBOS have account details still?

i did a credit search and it does not show up on my file- is this odd?

After reading through this site i told them that i would only deal with it in writing from now on, and did hint that i would want to see proof of their right to pursue this debt.

please help with recommendations of corrispondance i should send out.

Best regards to all (except DCA's off course!)

Mr Derek :confused:

I'm not sure if you can claim back charges over 6 years, I have heard of people who have claimed back over the 6 year period....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html