Yes Car Credit/ Direct Auto Finance and Direct Legal Collections (nice chaps - not)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the middle of a huge dispute with Direct Auto Finance (the now defunct Yes Car Credit) and their chosen debt collector the ever lovely (not) Direct Legal Colections.

The car was voluntary surrended back on 2006 July as YCC no longer existed we couldn't change the car so went to a new car finance dept. Had paid more than two thirds of finance including the PPI which we were told had to take if wanted finance (yes we were mugs)

I have lots of queries and for some reasons these guys don't like to answer them.

I have asked for a copy of the Payment Protection Insurance document and Schedule as I believe this was never paid for by YCC. DAF keep refering me to a company called Coonect MI, who are the underwriters and NIG but both of these refer me back to DAF who say they do not hold these documents....

Secondly as I seem to have repossesion costs on the balance of account statement provided I have asked for a copy of the Court Order. They sent me a letter saying it was a repossesssion but are now saying that was an admin mistake and wantt to recall the letter!!!!

There are other many issues and I was hoping to find others who have either dealt with this or are further ahead then I as I just seem to go round in circles catching them out lie after lie but it doesn't help much.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Old_andrew2018

You might find this link usful, here people are discussing problems with YCC

(EDIT)

Regards

Andy

Again you need to send a SAR requesting all this information. The PPI you can claim back if missold, take a look in the PPI Forum. If the car was VT'd then there was no need for a court order.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest Old_andrew2018
Again you need to send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requesting all this information. The PPI you can claim back if missold, take a look in the PPI Forum. If the car was VT'd then there was no need for a court order.

Good morning Rory

I notice the removal of the link to a discssion forum,

Is that because there is some remarks by people who are talking about the company concerned which are unacceptable,

e.g lible

or another reason,

Thanks

andy

Hi thanks for the link nblaen, sorry oldAndrew but it says edit where your link was!

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

can you send the link to me via messaging or is that not allowed - don't want to break any rules when these forums are so helpful!

Is that because there is some remarks by people who are talking about the company concerned which are unacceptable,

e.g lible

or another reason,

No it's simply because the site advertises loans etc. We don't allow direct links to commercial websites nor do we allow advertising on CAG, however if you had stated that moneysupermarket.com have a yes car credit forum which also offers advice that would have been okay.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest Old_andrew2018
No it's simply because the site advertises loans etc. We don't allow direct links to commercial websites nor do we allow advertising on CAG, however if you had stated that moneysupermarket.com have a yes car credit forum which also offers advice that would have been okay.

There you go Us verses Debt, thata why the link was edited, still you have the name of the forum, but I must say I have looked at the link Car Credit Complaints as supplied by nblaen it does semm better

Regards

andy

Hi, I am in a middle of a dispute with Direct Auto Finance and DLC over an outstanding balance which they claim I owe despite VT the car.

Anyway, the query I am trying to get answered is that I have 2 copies of the contract (taken out in joint finance by my partner and I) where I have just noticed that both our copies of the contract has a witness signature of a name we don't know so must be the Yes Car Credit Sales lady who served us.

However in the box where it says "Signature for and behalf of Direct Auto Finance" there is no signature on both documents. These are not copies by the way these are the ones that were provided to us on the day of taking the car finance.

Can anyone advise on this or am I just indulging in wishfull thinking!!!!

ooooooooooo CCA says (s61) it MUST be signed by both parties :D

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

3 threads merged. Please stick to one thread per topic.

sorry I was trying to get advice on the unsigned contract and thought the legal forum was the best place to get the answer. Sorry!!!

does this eman the two copies of the unsigned contract is to my advantage?

They are two genuine copies and the signatures of my bf and I are clearly although ours in different places - ie a few inches difference to start of signature.

DAF had sent endless photo copies of their versions which have a signature on dated 5 days after we were there although I think they have misread the date we signed on.

tried googling for info on this but no info - is it best I go to a solicitor or should i call DLC and ask why no signature on my 2 contracts or is it best not to tell them?

soz, got tied up some where else,

here is a quote from the CCA 1974.

61 Signing of agreement

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

© the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

but can they argue that they have signed contracts as we signed 3 I think, 1 for me, 1 for bf and 1 for them, from looking at photocopies they have sent on top of ours. Their one is signed and unfortunately can't tell when but both ours aren't.

if you not got or received a copy of signed documents when you took it out then it a no go for them coz you can argue that they coulda done it afterwards like NOW where as you have 2 coppies with no sig on it

Abbey charges, Won

someI am being told in another forum that the finance compeny send out the agreement with their signature after and that it would be hard to prove that this wasn't seent out. But surely a financer would not let you out of their offive with an unsigned agreement which only their clients and signed and not them. I would have thought it would be down to the financer to prove it was sent after as otherwise how on earth would we have got these unsigned copies???

This doesn't make sense to me

I have received a letter this morning although this time from DAF and not DLC The letter is advising of the T&C of the payment protection isnurance and advises this is the document that is provided with all finance contracts and is proof it was taken out. (never seen this before)

the document is a two page print out - separate pages with no signatures anywhere or anything that links it to the contract - its in a totally different font to the contract and looks like something that has been quickly typed and sent out. Also the company that says where claims go to (the underwriters) are not the ones that I had and I think the one mentioned on this was the later chosen company for YCC. My finance was back in 2003 and these underwriters took over I think in 2005

Unfortunately what I asked for being the actual policy schedule itself not the T& C as I want proof it was taken out has not been provided. :rolleyes:

Im having the same problems with them asked and asked for the actual policy and to whom payments made but all I ever get back is the CCA and letter saying u owe us money etc

I gather some of the insurances were handled by a company called NIG I have the email address, if u email them they do respond, unfortunately for me they werent the ones who had my vehicle on insurance

[email protected] hope this helps send them as much info as u can uknow car reg etc etc

yes. I have spoken to him and the lady who does the administartion and sent the letter & email asking for a reponse last week.but thanks for replying anyway as this is useful for others in our situation and have some and getting more details from them Will keep you updated but might have to PM as know DAF read some of thses forums! Are you getting legal help nblaen as I am starting the process of that.