Birth Certificate...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys/Gals,

Was having a debate about this in the pub the other night and thought i'd post on here for a straight answer.

A friend of mine (female) had a baby bout 3 years ago. At the time she didn't want to disclose the fathers identity and when she registered the birth, she left the fathers name blank.

She has recently got married and has now gone to the register office and put her husbands name on the birth certificate as the child's father, which, she has admitted to friends and family, he isn't.

Now as far as I'm concerned, this would appear to be fraud as if it ever come to light (via a DNA test etc) that he isn't the child's father, then that would prove the information is wrong and surely she is committing an offence by knowing providing false info.

Any Thoughts??

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Unfortuantly not. There was some research on the subject a couple of years ago and the shocking statistic is that it is estimated that 35% of fathers names on birth certificates are not the biological fathers. Now most people come into contact with 100 people, so which are the 35 that you know who have no idea that thier father isnt thier father.

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

Well, for fraud to be committed, the "named" father would have to be unaware that he is being put on the birth certificate, and I believe that both parents must be present at the registration nowadays. (didn't use to be the case)

English law, believe it or not, does not provide a definition of fraud, but for practical purposes, fraud may be defined as the use of deception with the intention of obtaining an advantage, avoiding an obligation or causing loss to another party. If the newly named father is aware, then it is unlikely to come under the heading of fraud. Let's face it, most fathers have to take it on faith that they are indeed the father of their children. ;-)

Let's face it, most fathers have to take it on faith that they are indeed the father of their children. ;-)

Ouch! Seems that you are suggesting that women aren't necessarilly faithful. I thought it was men who supposedly thought with their genitals

When my son was born 3 years ago there was no problem with me registering the birth without producing a mother or a child at the registry office.

The so called fathers name cannot be added to the birth certificate (assumong that he is not the biological father) . The only way he could have any lawful parental responsibility for the child would be for him to legally adopt the child.

I'm sure that it is an offence to provide false details to the Registrar so I'm not sure it's a great plan to tell them that 3 years after the event this guy is the father if he isn't.

The only way he could have any lawful parental responsibility for the child would be for him to legally adopt the child.

He can apply for parental responsibility without legally adopting the child.

Spotnot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't have these problems in the 18th century:

"Bastardy Examination - mother examined before a magistrate, or by midwife whilst in labour (early 18th century) to determine the name of the child's father."

The so called fathers name cannot be added to the birth certificate (assumong that he is not the biological father) .
It most certainly can, as long as the "father" is happy to go along to certify that he is the father of said child.

When child no 2 came along, Mr Bookie and self weren't married and as we were going through a rough patch, his name didn't go on the birth certificate at the time, and we only remedied this a few years later. (I also know that here, if the parents are not married, the father has to be there to register the birth or his name will not be entered on the birth certificate).

That is correct bookie.

my partner and l had to BOTH be present to register our son as they were not allowed to register our son naming my partner as the father without us both present.

Now if the parents are married then the rules are different. Either parent can register the child.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 7 months later...

my advice is- if he isnt the biological father the birth certificate isnt worth the paper its written on. he can't be forced tro pay maintenance- so let the csa come and see what they do. eventaully they will need a dna test to prove he is the real father. come on guys dont let women exploit you!

As this thread has been brought back up i thought i would add to it as in June i registered my daughter. Now when i rang up i advised we would both be comming and when we registered the birth we was asked if married and they told us we would both have to sign the BC if my partner was to be on it and only if he agreed to be on it in front of the registar. This obviously was not a issue for him as he wants to be on the BC and i wanted him to.

We was also told we could be prosecuted for fruad under the fraud act of 2006 if we knowingly gave faulse information. We obviously had to correct a few spelling errors as we did not pick the conventional way of spelling our daughters name but that was it.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

we live in a completely different generation to the one which BC registrars and CSA civil servants are familar with. The proliferation of opportunistic single mothers who want unsuspectiing men to support their single motherhood is yet to be fully recognised by government institutions and their minions. It is a duty that men should resist exploitation by such women in order to protect those who follow them. Those who follow may well be their own legitimate children. If they do not undertake this duty the freedoms of men will be curtailed even further than they have already been.

Didn't have these problems in the 18th century:

"Bastardy Examination - mother examined before a magistrate, or by midwife whilst in labour (early 18th century) to determine the name of the child's father."

Did it used to be written on the babies head then?

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Did it used to be written on the babies head then?

I suppose if it was swapped at birth, strange things start happening and rotweillers start showing an interest in baby then you could look on the head to find a certain number......

I suppose if it was swapped at birth, strange things start happening and rotweillers start showing an interest in baby then you could look on the head to find a certain number......

LOL! Watch out for bikes and balconies, especially if you are tending your plants.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

we live in a completely different generation to the one which BC registrars and CSA civil servants are familar with. The proliferation of opportunistic single mothers who want unsuspectiing men to support their single motherhood is yet to be fully recognised by government institutions and their minions. It is a duty that men should resist exploitation by such women in order to protect those who follow them. Those who follow may well be their own legitimate children. If they do not undertake this duty the freedoms of men will be curtailed even further than they have already been.

Unsuspecting men? Get over yourself.

If a bloke is daft enough to do the dirty without taking steps to protect himself, he risks parenthood. If he does't trust himself to be able to do that, he should keep his trousers on!

SV (a bloke)

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)

hi folks

I have a different slant on this one,A friend of mine has just had a baby,the biological father is more concerned with finding stuff to shove up his nose (if you see what i mean) than looking after his offspring.they split up months ago,he hasn`t seen the child or made any attempt to but today she got a solicitors letter saying he wants parental responsibility,no birth has been registered yet

I am quite prepared to step into the breech and do the job he`s incapable of doing is there any way of keeping him out of the situation ?

I can hear all you single fathers objecting but i really think being a father is nothing to do with the sperm donation its being there when i counts and he`s not prepared to and i am

S.C

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

IF I`VE BEEN OF HELP PLEASE TICKLE MY SCALES :D