Help to remove Default and CIFAS entry!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have an on-going dispute with Capital One and would like your help please.

In September, 2007, I applied for Virgin broadband, phone and tv for my new house that I was going to be moving into on the 1st October. As the services were going into my new house and it was only a matter of a week, or so before I moved into the property, I put this as my present address, on the application. When the previous tenant moved out I saw the place again and decided to decorate the house fully before moving in there. I finally moved into the new house around the 20th November.

In October I applied for a Capital One credit card as I wanted to build my credit up, this application was made at the address, which I was still residing. This was accepted and I received the card. In November, I received my 1st statement. A few days later I received a Default notice from Capital One. They say that I gave them false, or misleading information, when I made the initial application.

I checked my credit file and they also placed a CIFAS category 3 on my file. There was also a further one on there from the previous tenant, who moved out just before I took up the tenancy. She made an application with O2 and was given a category 4. This was nothing at all to do with me.

I contacted Capital One on numerous occasions and they said that having checked the information received from Equifax, there appears to be inconsistencies. I asked them specifically what the alleged information was and they said to do so would disclose their procedures; this was something they would not do. Having checked all the details on my 3 files the only thing it could be was the cross referencing of the 2 applications made.

I have received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) from them and I cannot see anything on there apart from a screen shot of an 'AML & Alerts' page coming up with insufficient address.

Is there anything I can do to remove this as I feel I have done nothing wrong to warrant either, the default, or the CIFAS entry?

I look forward to hearing from anyone you could help me.

Thank You

TEDDY

I would try 'SAR'ing Equifax as they are the ones that are holding/disclosing the 'incriminating' data on you.

More info here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/112671-cag-cra-r-club.html?highlight=%2Bcag+%2Bsar+%2Bcra

Good luck

gh

• Haha 1

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.