how to find a good solicitor?

Guest louis wu

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest louis wu

I had an accident at work, over a year ago. A large (5 meters wide x 4 meters high) security gate came away from it's frame, hit me on the head, knocked me out and gave me severe concussion (cas thought I had a fractured skull..x-rays mri's etc).

I still get headaches as well as some other annoying symptoms, and I am considering contacting a solicitor to conduct a claim for me.

The problem is, I've never even considered this before (I still don't really like the thoughts of it), and these TV adverts NWNF turn my stomach.

How do I go about finding a solicitor who won't try to rip me off and are there any conditions I should be wary off/insist upon.

All comments welcome

Thanks

louis

you are right.these claims companies are acting as middleman and selling claims to solicitors.i can help you find a good solicitor who will act in your best interest and ensure you keep 100 per cent of your compensation.

I had an accident at work, over a year ago...
An excellent example of WHY peeps are in a Union at work.

...They don't just deal with disputes/wages etc...:wink:

For the couple of quid a week it costs to be a Member of a Union, it is good piece of mind that a Union would provide legal cover at NO extra cost to the Member, in cases such as louis wu's.

If U are a Member of a Trade Union louis wu, contact your Local Rep or Branch Official for further details.

...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Guest louis wu

I thought there may have been a few responses, either pro or con.

Any thoughts welcome

Best I can do, otherwise it's personal recommendations, ask around among friends and relatives

Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme:

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/professional/accreditationpanels/personalinjury.law

See here:

The Law Society - Find a solicitor

Click more search options and select PIAS

i deal with these type of claims but i am not sure if i can recommend anyone, unless i get permission from the site.you will need to consider legal cost if you use outside help.please check with the site.

good luck

• 10 months later...

most solicitors will deal with such a claim on a no win no fee basis. but as you say you need to get a decent solicitor.

I am in a similar position to Johannesburg - in that I actually run a CMC but have undertaken not to take business from the site unless the site administrators specifically permit it.

My advice would be - go for a solicitor that has been recommended, you should easily get a CFA (no win no fee) and if you want to post the name of the solicitor you are looking at, I can tell you if I know of them and what my experience tells me about them.

Also important is the time limit. You have 3 years from the date of the accident to make your claim, and you say that you are over a year already - you would be surprised how fast the time goes so if you are considering a claim then dont delay. the clock is ticking.

Opinions are offered in good faith based upon personal experience and research. Before making any irreversible decisions the opinion of a qualified, registered and insured legal professional should be sought.

If my advice or information has assisted you in any way - please click my scales.

thanks

Nat West Charges £1056 WON

RBS Charges £3600 WON

RBS Unenforceable Loan £18500 Pending

RBS PPI on loan above Pending

MBNA Credit Card CCA & SAR Sent

Co-op Credit Card CCA Sent

My Hubby had an accident two years in my car ago as I had legal Expenses insurance ( what crape) they employed shooosmiths:eek: eventually we sacked them and my own solictor is doining it. and they are paying:D there is a pannel of personal injury solicitors try them

Dont buy legal expenses insurance - waste of time and money.

Opinions are offered in good faith based upon personal experience and research. Before making any irreversible decisions the opinion of a qualified, registered and insured legal professional should be sought.

If my advice or information has assisted you in any way - please click my scales.

thanks

Nat West Charges £1056 WON

RBS Charges £3600 WON

RBS Unenforceable Loan £18500 Pending

RBS PPI on loan above Pending

MBNA Credit Card CCA & SAR Sent

Co-op Credit Card CCA Sent

• 9 months later...

This thread is quite old! I wonder if the OP got this sorted?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

This thread is quite old! I wonder if the OP got this sorted?

Haven't seen louiswu around for ages......(I know there was some sort of hoo-ha but don't know the details).......but he is one of the good guys and I hope he managed to get this sorted.

Anyone still in contact with him?

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.