Bank Solicitors - Are they classed as DCA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lloyds TSB failed to provide information requested re my loan account details so I held back payment.

I have now received the info requested and have reinstated payment as I advised I would do.

Lloyds solicitors(sechari, Clark & Mitchell) are still chasing me by phone....

I won't discuss by phone as they ask for security questions.

I have told them this 3 times but still they phone....

I explained I had written and was awaiting a written reply.

They are claiming there has been no letter received.

I offered the recorded delivery number but was told it was not good enough and I must phone them.

I told them I am unwillling to discuss by phone, (also as 3 different people to date have phoned) I want a reply in writing.

I have proof of delivery as just checked Royal Mail website.

I am refusing to discuss by phone and have told them I want all communication in writing. Not unreasonable I think.

Do they count as DCA's? If they do, they are harassing me.

Firstly I would send them the telephone harrassment letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131250-dca-creditor-harassment-telephone.html

Did you CCA or SAR Lloyds??

A little letter to the solicitor stating that their client has failed to provide the information you requested from them under either the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) or Data Protection Act (SAR), and depending on the date of your request, that they are in default/have committed a summary offence under the relevant act may get them thinking.

The clue is in the title

Sechari, Clark And Mitchell

Pretend to be another company, add some charges etc, and all the while making profit for the Mothership.

:)

LOL. I was about to query what S.C.A.M stood for until I typed it out....

It's been a long day, LOL

Firstly I would send them the telephone harrassment letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131250-dca-creditor-harassment-telephone.html

Did you CCA or SAR Lloyds??

A little letter to the solicitor stating that their client has failed to provide the information you requested from them under either the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) or Data Protection Act (SAR), and depending on the date of your request, that they are in default/have committed a summary offence under the relevant act may get them thinking.

I did SAR the loan account but stupidly cannot find my copy, however, I did notify them of having submitted an SAR in my letter to them.

Perhaps this is why they don't want to reply?

• 1 year later...

does a DCA's internal 'solicitor' have to be registered at the Law Society?

i have letters from 'solicitors' who are a 'trading name' of a DCA? i.e. Cabot use the name Morgan Solicitors, a trading name of Cabot Financial but Morgan Solicitors is not registered at the Law Society.

anyone receiving a headed paper from Morgan Solicitors would think they were a firm.

• 6 months later...