Court Fee Exemption: maybe make it a sticky?

Missy06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

just to let those who are on benefits, self-employed or whose expenditure is more than a certain income (isn't that everyone!....just joking!!), you might be eligible for court fee exemptions:grin:. I was never aware of this.

Although I've already paid quite a number of fees to put my claims through, most were put through while I was on Jobseekers allowance so I was told I could apply for a refund:grin::grin:......which I did last week.

Also, I have other claims I haven't put through simply because each one would cost me around 100.00 so till now I'd put them on the back burner.....but I'm putting them through for 'free' this week before I get a job!!:wink:

For more info, you can call your local court to send you the leaflet or just download it from the HM court service website or by clicking here

Site Helpers, it might be worth putting this up as a sticky as I've read quite a number of threads with CAGERS waiting to have extra cash before putting their claims through.....although having said that they might already know they don't qualify!

Thanks!

i agree, but those on Tax Credits may no longer be exempt, like myself. After the Oct 2007 the rules have changed and before you needed to receive one of these to get the exemption, now if you receive both you get none. Most working people with kids get both so that cuts out a lot of them.

seems to be only those on Jobseekers or Income Support or a state benefit (and not working) are eligible.

now i'll need to raise thousands to do my claims if i want to ..... and the banks are not paying ....

fair justice ... ?

The other thing to consider is that if you're exempt, then you can't get the bank to repay the court fee on settlement, meaning that effectively the taxpayer is picking up the tab for the bank! :mad:

For those who might qualify for exemption, but might be able to afford the fee upfront nevertheless, it is worth thinking about it. ;-)

BTW, the link is already in the library (although I did have to update the 2nd one, it is now a .pdf) and has been there since January 2006! ;-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/63-county-court-fees-exemptions.html