Timmay vs HSBC - interesting info about DPA request

timmay12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Thought I'd start my thread today as I've just sent in my Data Protection Act request for my HSBC current account and also a HSBC Mastercard. Interestingly I followed up the email with a phone call a few hours later (becuase i hadn't got an automated response) spoke to the complaints department (08457404404 option 8 then option 2) and they processed my request over the phone!

6 years worth of statements in batches of 50 and there is no charge, i then asked to be put through to the creadit card department and they also processed my request over the phone, however they said it would cost £1 per statement (i've accepted this - think the total was £18) they also said that i should have the statements within 10 working days

so its game on! i'll keep this thread updated...

tim

ps I also tried the phone for DPA request tactic with a virgin credit card and they happily processed it over the phone

• Confused 1

hmm good one there, keep us posted as to your progress :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation