J2B Land's End to John O'Groats this Saturday!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been a little busy off site for some while but it's been for a good cause.

I'm helping to organise a charity motorbike ride from Land's End to John O'Groats - in one day - in aid of Cancer Research UK and the Oncology Department of my local hospital.

HeavenCanWait is the website - please feel free to take a look and let us know if there's anything you might be able to add to the event; we're open to suggestion - and offers - and always on the look out for unique ways to increase fund raising.

I know that we are 'just another' charity and that money is always hard to come by, but if you can spare a bob or two, then the JustGiving page is here Justgiving - Heaven Can Wait Fundraising Page

If you have a spare penny in your PayPal account, we also offer that as an option.

There are many other ways you might be able to help too.

The idea was by Kevin Gent, an Ambulance Technician who was diagnosed with Thymic cancer in 2005. He lost his right lung and this has obviously had a big impact on his life, and that of his family. He was previously an avid marathon runner and mountaineer, details are on the site. He has worked hard to regain a good level of fitness and is now back serving the community once again.

Having to be very careful not to push too hard, thoughts turned to another passion - motorbikes. The ride is well planned and should take around 20 hours, so there's room for jams and diverts if necessary!

There will be details published in the Motorcycle Sport and Leisure magazine from 6th June about how one lucky 'Joe public' can join us - buy the mag or visit the site from 6th June to find out more.

Enough arm-twisting? Go take a peek....

Edited by jonni2bad
Updates

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I will definitely will be making a donation, i have lost a friend to this illness and another who is in remission,it is not just another charity,it is a worthy cause and i hope that it recieves all the support it rightly deserves.

Good Luck

Tilly

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

:D

Muchos Grassyarse

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Come on now Jonni, how on earth do you expect to raise any money when you just blatantly spam every email addy you ever had, post on the best website in the world, try and drag everyone in to help raise dosh for the cause, get sponsorship and then you just leave your thread without a shameless -

BUMP!!!!!

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oh, I had forgotten all about BUMPING, never mind!

We'll stick a few bob in Jonni.

It's starting to sound like my old motorbike in here

Bump Bump BUMP

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to bump this, then decided against it.

The Website is sponsored by BMW, and they don't just throw their money away. Come on guys and girls, lets help if we can :cool:

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope my small contribution helps :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hey - many thanks citizenB - truly appreciated. :D

:grin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have over 4,000 on my staff database, all of whom have just been emailed and I'm about to funwall everyone on facebook too.

Contribution will have to wait for a cheque from a client, i'm afraid, but I certainly will sponsor this good cause.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

That's great tiglet - getting people to visit the Heaven Can Wait site is as hard as anything else, and of course any donations are fantastic for the event.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

I'm also checking with the person who moderates the appropriate RCN forums and also the webteam to see whether there can be a link to the page - not sure if it can be done, but i can certainly use whatever influence I have.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Bumping it back :D

&

• 4 weeks later...

And another unashamed BUMP.

Come on Folks it's getting close. Their on the road at the end of July

&

Just added to the pot. Hope it's a huge success but come on folks, they need lots more cash.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH

:D:):D:):D

Anyone we know on the ride Jonni?;)

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ME!

OK, OK. Well, no luck with 'celebs' I'm afraid, at least not on this event. We did receive replies from a number that we contacted but all committed to other events or TV work at that time. Suzy Perry is filming for BBC (Superbikes I think) and Janie Omorogbe is filming for British Touring Cars.

We're still hoping that our contacts with a magazine publisher might be able to help but, at the moment, nothing happening.

If you're riding then you already have a celeb Jonni!:p

Don't forget folks, if you want to donate/sponsor Jonni and the Heaven Can Wait event, or you know a company that might help, details are in the first post of this thread.

If you are feeling generous, don't forget that CAG needs donations too.;)

Is the event mentioned on this site Jonni Consumer Health Forums if so can we have a link to it please.:D

What's Best for You?

There is now!

Cancer Research UK - Charity Motorbike Ride - Consumer Health Forums

(Thanks for the reminder...) oops

I'll chuck a few quid in when I get paid. I believe J2B's local hospital is mine as well and a friend of mine was successfully treated there recently.

Im just wondering what route you are using. The East Pennine route is 986 miles so thats an average of 50mph for round numbers. 20 hours on a bike - that's serious ball ache!

Good luck and ride safe - reaching the end is more important than getting there quickly:)

Yep, 20 hours plus is our estimate, although in order to set the record with the Iron Butt Association, we 'merely' have to complete the journey in 24 hours, so there's room for congestion, delays, bike problems etc etc.

At least we HOPE there is ;)

(and thanks for the offer of a donation - it will be greatly appreciated)

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhhhhh my word - 6 weeks today!!!!

p.s. we now have a blog