Damage to vehicle

Jean_B
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An elderly relative puchased a washing machine from Currys. The young man took it the car on his own. The purchaser questioned if he could do it alone. the man said no problem

When putting the washing machine into the car, the young man got into difficulty and smashed it into the car, chipping off a rather large area estimated to be rather a large sum to repair.

Back in the store a complaint was made. The young acknowleged he did it but then was told to be quiet by the manager and whisked away for a quiet word.

On returning with the manager the young man denyed it and said it was there already.

An argument took place and the manager said sorry and that we needed to write to head office.

What are our legal rights? I am furious.

Jean B- although I'm not answering your question directly, It may be worth getting a garage to have a look- take it to the dealer, get a note from them- stating that it is new/recent damage (they will be able to tell) and send that off to head office as well. Local Paper's always a good way to get attention too!

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

Check if there is any CCTV footage in the area - if so find out who it belongs to and ask if they have a recording. Were there any witnesses? Staff in other shops? car park attendant? A report may show that the damage has been caused by a fride being smacked into the car, but it will not prove who done it.

Find out which car the manager drives...............................

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.