Capital One Phone Harassment

ananya
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hubby is slightly, and I mean only slightly, behind in his payments and they will not leave him alone, despite 3 harassment letters and being told every day when they ring, to contact in writing only.

I reported them to TS who have basically said 'tough' and the most they will do is contact Capital One and 'raise the issue' but have no power to stop them.

Is there nothing I can do to stop it?

Hubby has written to them, giving them a schedule of when and how he will clear the missed payment and they still ignore that and ring every day.

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

start logging the calls and then hit them with a harrassement law suit.

That should stop them.

Chrissi

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you both :)

I haven't logged them exactly (naughty smacks) so will do so from now on and take it to the FOS.

I think they can afford £400, don't you?

yes i think they can they have had more than that out of me.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

they were doing this to my wife before we claimed back all the charges and binned the sorry excuse......

whenever they ring up and tell you its crap one,ask them to prove they are who they say they are,and that you won't give out personal info on the phone to strangers.It totally cracks them up

oh and how they go on about you being awkard.

If necessary put the phone down and going and do something more interesting like the hoovering or ironing etc.

I was planning to leave them hanging on with the phone on mute until they give up :)

It's Birmingham TS and I was quite suprised too. He basically told me he would happily enter into discussion with them on my behalf, or hubby's, but can't do anything to stop them harassing us.

That is poor, West Yorks were very proactive and had no problem in telling them what to do, I would write if you haven't already, I enclosed plenty of copy documentation and letters I had sent ie your harrassment letters and lists of calls, I guess if they have as much clear cut info as you can give them they may be more informed (and realise you also are very much informed !!)when acting on your behalf. If no joy then go for them down the FOS route.

Norfolk TS are the same. I camplained several times about companys not stoping persual of a debt when in dispute or have No CCA or not complied under the CCA days and have been told to contact the national debt helpline as they deal with debt not them.

I said it was nothing to do with debt but one company was persuing for money that had been paid and they had lost it he just said the national debt help line will help u and hung up.

yeah that would help ...................NOT. He is not interested in anything that does not give him TV coverage and a nice photo in the local rag.

just a question for you 42 manbut what will this guy do then?

Can l complain to him about every company in one go or do l have to do one at a time.

Chrissi

Well he is second in command to a cabinet minster, and carries quite a lot of 'power-to-do' so if he is influencing from the top down, you may find that something gets done, I was always taught to start from the top and if I got passed down then so be it, but as an example I got a bill from British Gas for £1,400 and wrote and complained / disputed to the Chairman, The MD, Chief Exec and 3 other board directors....I actually received a good service and something got done and the bill was reduced to £260....He is a high profile person who will assist (he also responded to my complaint about a DCA) see here....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/133653-consumer-credit-agreements-letter.html

Although this stated what I already knew, this letter may be of use for others on here (when I get it scanned)

You have very little to lose (apart from the letter writing factor) and if you complain saying that trading standards have not acted on government acts, he would probably be interested and take a stance and actually get something done for you....He may even pass it on to your local MP who might get you on telly !!!!

Hmmmmm not good news either, all I would say having read through some of the posts is put everything in writing to TS, MPs etc and provide as much info as you can and be as concise about what the problem is and what you want to achieve and why they can help you. I guess TS offices can differ and it may depend who you get, don't want to rub salt in wounds or anything but my MP did help me with dealing with Lloyds for similar reasons, again everything was in writing (no phones or E-Mails) and as a constituent your MP should be able to help (or get a researcher to do so !!), my MP is Colin Challen, not a front bencher by any means but a thoroughly decent bloke :)

well i emailed my MP due to the address for him haing the stuff returned undelivered.

I gave a breif outline of why l was contacting him and asked for his office address where i could send stuff to and i go a email back from his sexaterary saying that this would be a waste of my MPs time and would not be as high profile as the other cases he is working on.

My MP is the wonderful Liam Byrne - MP for Birmingham Hodge Hill and Minister of State for Nationality, Citizenship and Immigration in the Home Office.