BT - again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok good one this.

I have just received my bill from BT a wonderful amount of £119.00

They plan to remove that from my account via DD but somehow I accidently just cancelled that and let me explain why.

When I connected my "previously unconnected property" to the exchange, they stated that it would cost me £125.00 for the pleasure of someone walking around on my new carpets in their muddy boots.

I said that I was quoted the work at half the price the previous week - true.

So they agreed to do it.

They asked how I would like to pay and I chose the option of paying off the £65 odd quid monthly, around £6.50 a month.

The bill charges me the full installation charge in one go. Hmmm not too happy - where shall I take it from here ?

How did you cancel your DD?

I personally have reservations that it will be cancelled as you hope.

The only viable solution, imo, is to write to them, stating the facts and insisting you be allowed to pay the £6.50 a month as agreed. If they decline, ask them for a copy tape (not transcript) of your phone conversation.

Phone calls and emails are untrustworthy. Call centre staff, in my experience anyway, lie and deceive like crazy.

lucky you for getting them to come and do it, i paid the £125 over the phone, booked a visit, took a day off work, and the buggers didnt even turn up/call me!!!! this morning they said a problem with the line meant no connection was even possible anyway.

Abbey 1 settled in full 01/05/07