• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hi, URGENT!!! help required with capital one please

yourm9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i have a defualt with capital one thats three years old now for 575.00, but it isnt registered on my credit file as capital one its under the name lowelll portfolio.

My first question is who do i approach with my letters for removal, cap one or lowell who i have had no contact with and not responded to their letters as yet because its not them i owe the money too.

second, can lowell legally put a default on me if i have never owed them money or made any arrangements/signed anything with them.

third, should i try incorporating the charges that put me over my limit and getting the default removed as one claim if not what and how.

also i tried getting it removed two years ago but to no avail but did send a postal order with this first letter,

After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Experian I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against my account.

Further to this I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number 1587 832345.

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I would request that this data is provided to myself within the next 28 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated.

But the £1.00 postal order was taken of the outstanding balance with lowell and shows as that on my credit file which i never gave them permission to do.

I also sent another three letters after this which are below and at the end gave up after a ****ty letter saying it was their final contact on this subject they dont have to provide the original document and wont be removing.

letter 2.

Thank you very much for your letter dated 06-04-2006.

You however tell me information that I already know. I am fully aware that BCW are dealing with the outstanding balance of this account.

I have seen my Credit References and the notice of 'Default' on my credit file.

It is the 'Default' notice that Capital One itself issued that I am very concerned about because I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice.

The three questions in the original letter dated 17-03-2006 specifically relate to this point and I request that you substantiate this information. Could you therefore answer in full the questions contained in the 17-03-2006 letter of which I enclose a copy, I also enclosed a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number 1587 832345.

It is your duty to comply with my requests under the law.

letter 3.

I wrote to you on the 17 March 2006 and the 10 April 2006 asking for some relevant information. I enclose copies of the two letters which were both sent via recorded delivery.

You wrote back to me on the 6
th
April 2006 without answering any of the questions put to you in the original letter.

As 28 days has now passed from the date of the 2nd letter you are now in breach of your duties under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act. If you do not answer my original questions and reply within 7 days I will have no choice but to escalate the matter to the relevant authorities including the Banking Ombudsman, Office of Fair Trading and the Information Commissioner's Office.

letter 4.

Thank you very much for your letter dated 25
th
May 2006.

I enclosed a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number 1587 832345. Which i am concerned that this has been paid to BCW for some reason without my consent and i will be taking this matter further unless the whole matter can be resolved.

Aside from this as i never received the original default notice and as you cannot provide me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice and as you have now exceeded the statutory time for the data provision requested could you please remove the data in its entirety as unsubstantiated.

I will on receipt of your letter stating the default notice will be removed from my credit file settle any outstanding monies with immediate effect as a sign of goodwill and full and final settlement of this matter.

If you do not feel that you are in a position to do this I will have no further option but to refer this case to the Information Commissioner Office, Banking Ombudsman and Trading Standards as appropriate.

any help or guidance would be very much appreciated because after reading though many cap one vs posts i havnt found anyone with the exact situation.

BCW had the debt then it has been passed to lowell.

thanks in advance for all your help.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to CAG :)

It seems like cap1 have sold your debt to lowell's. Is the debt for a credit card ? if so are there any added late payment charges on the account that can be reclaimed ? If so you may wish to reclaim these charges :)

If you can answer these questions it will give a fuller picture from which to advise

saint

What you can do is send a SAR to Cap1 and a CCA request to lowells :)

The SAR will get you your statements and the CCA will see if lowells have the correct documentation to enforce the debt .. if they dont then you are in a stronger position to get the default removed :)

saint

• 1 month later...

hi all,

I have a debt with cap 1 from 2005 for 575.00 which is 200 credit limit and rest is charges, after a whilre it was passed to lowell who have a registered default against me.

state of play :

sent cap 1 SAR on 04/03/08 (forgot to insert a cheque for £10.00 DOH) sent me a letter back saying couldnt provide info if i dont pay and 40 day period wont start until they do receive it lol, resent on 23-03-08 with cheque lol, not yet had it back.

sent CCA to lowell on 04-03-08 (as they have the default registered) but forgot to insert cheque for £1.00 DOH) luckily had three leters back and they thanked me for my £1.00 in the first (one nil to me) but said they have requested it from cap 1 and will endevour to get it me within the 12 day limit, letter 2 they said they understand my patience doesnt look likely they will get it to me in 12 day limit as they are awaiting it from cap 1and had the cheek to say they would let me know if they required more time, letter 3 they say cap 1 are looking for it in archive still.

so i sent them a letter on 28-03-08, please tell me what you think am i doing correct thing ect...

also how do i upload the letter???

Thanks.

Ok, i have CCa'd lowell portfolio on the 04-03-08 and SAR'd cap one too. Lowell has had their 12+30 days and i had three letters from them in this time informing me that they were awaiting cap 1 who were obtaining it from archive, however nothing has appeared.

Doea this mean they have now commited a criminal offence now and cant enforce the debt, and if so how do i now go about removal of the default.

Still not received SAR from cap 1.

Please help guys i need this default removed asap.

Thanks.

Errr... Debt4get, Capital One are very much still in existence... I pass their offices every day on my way to and from work! :D

I am very surprised that Lowell defaulted you because usually Cap 1 issue the default before passing the debt out. As far as I remember, Cap1 dont actually have copies on file of the default letters, it just flags up on the system. It can be reversed in certain circumstances but only after I think its 14 days after issue.

Cap1 will probably fob you off and tell you to go through Lowell for the SAR... i dont think they're going to be able to enforce the debt and unfortunately I very much doubt they will be able to produce a copy of the default letter.

There is a link somewhere about the default thing but Im sorry I dont know any more about it. Hope that helps!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

getting the default removed will be difficult as you acknowledge in your letter it is your debt, all you can really do is take comfort in the fact that they cannot now legally enforce the debt, you have to remember you still owe the money, that isnt written off just because lowells has defaulted on the time, if I was you I would just let it go but up to you

i certainly have no intentions of dropping this matter withthem until they remove the default on my file, and if you think its fair to charge nearly £400.00 of charges on a £200.00 limit card without any overspending allowed and default me for £575.00 because the charges took me overlimit then i think you are wrong, and i think they are in the wrong.

It seems way too easy for these companies to play with our lives like this and screw our complete finacial situation and future with there charges without us even having a fair case answered.

i certainly have no intentions of dropping this matter withthem until they remove the default on my file, and if you think its fair to charge nearly £400.00 of charges on a £200.00 limit card without any overspending allowed and default me for £575.00 because the charges took me overlimit then i think you are wrong, and i think they are in the wrong.

Re your £400 charges - once you get your statements back and can see when and why they charged you, you can then claim these charges back. Cap One tend to wait until you file at court before refunding, so you could also include make it a requirement of them settling to remove the default from your file. Wait till you get to this stage and someone will be along to help you.