lx direct/littlewoods DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent a CPR request to littlewoods and received all information back. Some information missing so sent another request. Most importantly they haven't enclosed a signed copy of a credit agreement now they haven't told me they dont have a true copy of this but I have found out when going through the enclosed CPR documents this. The last conversation I had with them on the telephone in January I said "I was waiting for a signed copy of my CCA" they didn't tell me this but its on the data form No signed cca held have been adv prev not a sars but on rechecking have been adv that sars req. file closed and passed to sars.

While this has been going on I keep getting letters from DCA's Moorcroft then Midaslegelservices and now debt managers ltd

I wrote to moorcroft enclosing a copy of the CRP letter I sent to littlewoods thats when it got passed on.

On one of the other data forms I got from my CPR request states that debt manager sold debt to phonix on 30/10/2007

Apart from some of the documents I requested missing which I have asked Littlewoods for again what else should I do. The last DCA Debt Managers Ltd keeps ringing me and sending letters. Where do I stand with all this?

write back telling them to FO and point out reason why, also say that you do NOT expect to hear from them again as they are in breach of the data protection act.

to be honest it's a waist of your time keep requesting info. your goal should be getting it passed BACK down the line to OC or 1st DCA

also put in should they ignore your letter and continue to phone and threat you are within your legal rights to take court action against them for harassement under the protection of harassement act.

hopefully that will shut them up, you must be VERY firm in letter, use Bold and underlined as well to enhance you letter,

dont forget to put "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

OH YES if you dont know NEVER NEVER speak to them on the telephone, they have habit of telling porkie pies and shouting a little just to try con some dosh out of you

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

• 1 month later...

Still haven't received all inforamtion requested - Littlewoods said I should get it by the end of April 2008. I also haven't heard from the DCA either which is good news. Anyway I decided to check my credit report with experian and it turns out that Legal Direct Recs (part of Littlewoods) have entered a default on my account in October 2007. Now I'm pretty sure I didn't sign any agreement I'm still waiting for them to send me a copy as proof. Can Littlewoods do this without me having signed a contract?

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a long battle but its good news!

After sending a CRP request and Littlewoods not full filling this request (missing details). Sent another letter asking for all the information they hadn't provided and I have just got a reply this morning, which states as they haven't a signed copy of this agreement they will not pursuing. I really wasn't expecting this out come. I have read other threads when this has happened but didn't think I would be so lucky. So a big thank you to everyone!

I need to read over the letter again as its 3 pages long and I may have missed some important details but what I can make out so far is they have said because the debt is classed as unsatisfied this will be noted on there internal files for future reference. This information will also form part of your records at the credit reference agencies and will remain on your file for 6 years. The absence of a signed agreement does not mean the debt does not exist, merely that it can not be enforced.

Is there anything I can about this?

Lizzy

• 2 months later...

Hi you have had the we cannot find you agreement we will not pursue letter. The next step from Littlewoods will be that they will put a second default on your account then set someone like Iqor (DCA) on you. They did this with me at end of last year. I wrote to them and got the normal we are right you are wrong reply. Complained to Financial Ombudsman Service, Littlewoods removed one of the defaults immediately and now FOS are recommending that Littlewoods remove the second default as Littlewoods have no agreement to default and the value of the default is incorrect(includes charges and interest applied). I am waiting to see what Littlewoods reply is to this recommendation from FOS.

My thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/80339-wife-littlewoods-ppi.html

dpick:)

• 3 weeks later...
:???: Morning, I am new and not sure what I am doing but could do with some advice please. I checked my credit file this morning as my bank said I had some adverse credit going back 3 addresses. Legal Direct Recs have put a default on my account on Oct 2007. I moved from this address in May 2006 owing nothing. What do I do to clear this up?? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Littlewoods debt has come back to haunt me!

After many months and Littlewoods agreeing not to pursue debt because I hadn't signed any agreement with them.

A few days ago I recieved a letter from Shop Direct saying that my debt has been passed to Lowells then the next day a letter from Lowells confirming the assignment has been passed over to them from shop direct.

Oddly both these letters come from the same place because they seem very similier in style and content.

Obviously they are chancing their luck as there is no signed agreement.

What do you think I should do?

Contact Shop Direct to confirm that they have passed my debt on even though they agreed not to pursue.

Contact Lowells informing them that Shop Direct have confirm in writing that they are not pursuing.

What I should have done at the time Shop Direct confrimed this was tried to get this debt taken off my credit status as a % of this debt is charges which if I hadn't signed an agreement it gives them no right to add fees to this account.

If I Knew this would come back and haunt me them I would have delt with it but at the time one less problem is a weight taken off ones shoulders.

Any information greatly appreciated....

PS The phone calls have started now!

Lizzy40

Hi I had the same they passed me on to IQOR I sent copy of the we will not pursue with note to sod off to IQOR they did. I then complained to FOS, Littlewoods told them clerical error (I have seen that on about 20 different threads now.

dpick

Littlewoods debt has come back to haunt me!

After many months and Littlewoods agreeing not to pursue debt because I hadn't signed any agreement with them.

A few days ago I recieved a letter from Shop Direct saying that my debt has been passed to Lowells then the next day a letter from Lowells confirming the assignment has been passed over to them from shop direct.

Oddly both these letters come from the same place because they seem very similier in style and content.

Obviously they are chancing their luck as there is no signed agreement.

What do you think I should do?

Contact Shop Direct to confirm that they have passed my debt on even though they agreed not to pursue.

Contact Lowells informing them that Shop Direct have confirm in writing that they are not pursuing.

What I should have done at the time Shop Direct confrimed this was tried to get this debt taken off my credit status as a % of this debt is charges which if I hadn't signed an agreement it gives them no right to add fees to this account.

If I Knew this would come back and haunt me them I would have delt with it but at the time one less problem is a weight taken off ones shoulders.

Any information greatly appreciated....

PS The phone calls have started now!

Lizzy40

Exactly the same happened to me.

Moorcroft sent it back to littllwoods some time ago then heard nothing from no one until the other day when Lowells got in touch,

Same MO - assignment letter and welcome letter both from the same address.

read the last few post on my thread - I think you will find it is the same situation

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/117270-alf-gus-moorcroft-now.html

Hi

If a company agree not to presue always ask for the amount allegedly owed to be credited to your account, Do not agree to have it written off, write off's can be removed and the debt is then normaly sold on to dca's. A credit to an account is far more difficult to work around

Sam

Hi

If a company agree not to presue always ask for the amount allegedly owed to be credited to your account, Do not agree to have it written off, write off's can be removed and the debt is then normaly sold on to dca's. A credit to an account is far more difficult to work around

Sam

Most interesting. I think this may be why I am being contacted again after being told they 'will no longer pusue the balance'

Hi alfwithhair,

When debts are written off this is only an action on the computer, the balance on account stays the same, it is commen practice to write off debts and then after a period of time remove the write off and sell a bulk load of accounts to dca's, this is why so many people have debts resurface after 6 months to 5 years, the original creditor loses out by not persuing you but then re-coups some of its loses by selling on your debt by say 10p in the £1.00, a dca i know would happily write off debts to people that annoyed her on the phone as she knew they would come back and bite that person in the future, anyone that disputes an account and wins Must insist that the amount is credited and a final statment and account closed letter is sent as proof that the matter has been dropped, they will say that they cant do it but they can!

hope this helps

• 2 months later...

Wrote to littlewoods as they had sold my debt when they originally agreed not to persue.

They have admitted that my account had be assigned to lowells in error and they have requested to buy the debt back and to accept their opologies.

However they mention that this debt will stay on my credit file, any ideas how to get this off because I know they will again sell to another DCA in time?

I dont think Littlewoods have any right sharing my personal information with other companies I haven't signed anything for them to give them this right.