HFC "A Strange One"

121o121

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I just wanted a few opinions on my situation. All greatly received.

Back in 2003 I took out a loan with the then, HFC Bank. I took out insurance too. I was reluctant to do so and felt I was bullied into it. My fault really, I should have stood my ground more.

Anyway, a couple of weeks after the loan started, a guy from customer services called me. Just a courtesy call really, and he asked me how the whole process went.

When I told him about how I felt about the insurance, he apologised and then cancelled the policy. I was sent a cheque for the premium which I had paid (I hadn't actually paid it upfront, it formed part of the loan).

Looking back now, I feel as though the credit agreement should have been ammended. I've paid interest on the monies in the loan that were used for my insurance premium.

I've just sent a CCA request to HFC so I can examine it further. I'm fairly sure that the "insurance" was a life insurance, as apposed to the PPI. I can check this thoroughly when the CCA is returned.

I took out another loan with HFC in October 2003. That paid off the loan I'm talking about now.

What do people think? Am I wasting my time?

Thanks

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

I'd certainly look further into it - if you've paid interest on a sum you haven't had, then it's certainly worth reclaiming.

However, if you received the premium back as a cheque, then this money formed part of the loan which was no longer used for insurance purposes, but was instead given to you in a monetary fomat. therefore, tehy ahve also loaned you this money, you ahe had this money and therefore they have charged you interest on the whole sum you have received from them.

I hope I haven't misread the situation - please correct me if I ahve.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi Tiglet, and thank you for replying.

I didn't look at that side of the coin, and can now see your point.

I'll see how they respond to my letter. I'll keep this post updated.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

No problems - apologies for the spelling - my two year old was sitting on my knee helping me!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 2 months later...

Ok, well I wrote to them asking for a copy of the credit agreement. They replied with a statement of account and they will endevour to send the credit agreement as soon as possible as they can't "locate it" at the moment.

I'm chasing them with a second letter now reminding them of their obligations.

I really do need the credit agreement so i can get the correct figures and interest rate.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here