They're on the back foot??!

Ave_it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I have been pursuing my bank charges case through a no win no fee firm of solicitors and have just had confirmation of my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) from NatWest. I'm going to try and go down the route of a hardship case, well, can't we all????!

The interesting thing is that, the same day I received my acknowledment from Natwest I also received a letter from them. This letter is titled 'Helping you to manage your money' and to 'Reduce the cost of unarranged overdrafts'. Is this just coincidence?

They are actually offering me the opportunity to pay a standard monthly fee of £10 and in return, any fees applied to the account will only cost me £17!

Do the banks know something that we don't with regards to the outcome of the test case?

Is this now the end of free banking?

Are they admitting that the charges are unlawful and un-reasonable by offering this jesture? Bearing in mind that the Judge has not yet given his ruling.

Any opinions would be welcomed and I hope this has been of help.

• 2 weeks later...

They are actually offering me the opportunity to pay a standard monthly fee of £10 and in return, any fees applied to the account will only cost me £17.

WOW THEY ARE SO GENEROUS. £ 17 for something that costs them around £2.50p. That still seems a dispreportionate penalty to me. Plus a £10 monthly fee. So first bounced cheque costs £27. Same old smoke and mirrors. Don't be seduced by their their jestures.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

WOW THEY ARE SO GENEROUS. £ 17 for something that costs them around £2.50p.
What about £17 for something that actually costs them 37p?

Parkvale, I had a thought. You and I both have business accounts and we get charged 37p for NatWest to pay a DD via BACS. How can not paying it cost more than that? :confused:

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.