PPI & unemployed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my friend just told me about a loan she took with Lloyds TSB before christmas.

She is on Income support and has been for years, but they gave her the loan and made her take PPI saying it will cover her.........................don't what they covering her for when she doesnt work in first place!

Should I advise her to cancel the PPI and ask for refund of what she has paid??

She is paying around £20 per month for the PPI alone

Hi my friend just told me about a loan she took with Lloyds TSB before christmas.

She is on Income support and has been for years, but they gave her the loan and made her take PPI saying it will cover her.........................don't what they covering her for when she doesnt work in first place!

Should I advise her to cancel the PPI and ask for refund of what she has paid??

She is paying around £20 per month for the PPI alone

Hello Mackem.

Oh this is a good one, maybe she/he should try to claim on it, to see what they say:lol: You never know they may:lol:

No joking apart, this is a very good case of mis-selling, I would tell your friend to write a letter telling them of their negligence;)

Tell them to cancel it and demand back every penny that they have paid in ppi and interest, plus the contractual interest to date. I would also ask for compensation obviously for the hardship they have caused.

While your friend is waiting for them to investigate the complaint, report them to the office of fair trading, the financial services authority and trading standards.

Tell your friend that they do not have to take out or sign a new agreement, even if the banks insist.

Please keep us posted as to your friends progress:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW