fij_ni v Abbey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, another newbie here. Posted originally in the wrong section but now I know where I should be I will update as I go along.

Original letter for copy of statements sent:

Letter for Repayment of Charges sent 2nd July 06 for £2005.00 plus £167.19 interest, total requested: £2172.19

Will update as I get news

Fij welcome and good luck, give a shout if you need any help :)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

• 2 months later...

Hi again, just an update as to where I am with Scabbey Abbey. I wrote to them back on 2/7/06 to whcih I got the usual fob off reply that they would investigate this and it would take time....they asked for 28 days in whcih to reply which I duly obliged. They did in fact contatc me sooner than the timescale requested but came back with the usual "We are sorry that you are unhappy with our charges blah blah blah". I responded to this with my final leeter in which I clearly stated that I would give them 14 days in which to reconsider their stand on the case before pursuing through the court. As I failed to get a reply to this letter I then started legal action with my claim request through HMCS money claim online. This was processed on 21/8/06 and deemed served on 6/9/06. The date by whcih they had to respond was Saturday past and I now await to see whether they will contest and put forward a defence, pay up or ask to settle out of court, whatever the outcome I will post on here for all to see.

So, until then fingers and legs crossed....

Yeehah, some good news here. Wrote to moneyclaim online yesterday to enquire what happens next and they wrote this morning to say that Scabbey had until 4pm today to basically put up or shut up!

I spent the day nervously wondering what they would do next and when I checked my bank this afternoon I noticed that my account was credited with £630...its not it all but its a start. It doesn't represent anything near the £2000+ which I'm owed but now that they have made the first move I'm hopeful I can recover the rest. All along even though I have been quietly confident that I could get my money back I still had this fear that all along I would hit brick walls and no answers.

Owed from Abbey £2,203.50

Paid out today £630.00

Still owing £1573.50

So, I got back £630 of charges the other day....today I got a letter to say that these charges are paid back as a goodwill gesture and bumpf about the Banking Ombudsman and having carried out a full investigation they do not contravene regulations blah blah blah. I contacted the number in their letter to see how they can offer me £630 as a goodwill gesture, so I explained to them that they had not entered any defence and I was in a position where I was allowed to request judgement by default. I have now entered this judgement and I expect full payment within the next few days.