Credit Solutions [Northern] Letter

racer1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to my previous address yesterday and picked up a letter from 21 Feb 08. It states that I owe nearly £150 for unpaid gym membership fees. Can anybody advise what to do please?

Letter is as below....

Without prejudice

Dear Sir / Madam

Client Name: David Lloyd Leisure

Membership number: xxxx

Balance £149.25

DISCOUNT OFFER

The above balance remains outstanding to our client. We have recommended legal action and the paperwork has now been prepared to pursue you through the Court to collect monies owed.

To avoid this matter being passed to the Court, you may wish to consider the following:

Our client would be prepared to accept 75% of the above balance in final settlement of your account.

The conditions are:

- payment must be made to this office in one amount by credit / debit card, cash, cheque or postal order

- payment must be received at this office within 7 days from the date of this letter.

This is the last opportunity for you to settle this account, the next correspondence you receive will be via the Court.

Please ensure that cheques are made payable to Credit Solutions Northern and our reference numbers if quoted on the reverse.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxx

Legal Department

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this would be covered by the consumer credit act - it looks more like several months bills - like mobile phone etc that are also not covered by a credit agreement

It looks like they are suggesting that you had a membership & then stopped paying without cancelling

Grumpy

nope........

Sorry, a long story but when I moved I wasn't allowed access to all my stuff to pack, including a large amount of paperwork :( Some of it eg car documents I've been able to get duplicates but this is a knock on effect!

• 1 month later...

sorry for the bump but any suggestions as to what to do on this one? I haven't been able to find any paperwork on it and I did tell them I was cancelling my membership but only sent it "normal" post. I have spoken to somebody at the gym's head office this morning who said that within 10 days I should have received an acknowledgement. So is this a big balls up on my part and should just pay it all? I trust if so they'll let me pay it in installments as can't do it any other way at the mo!