Dell / Official Complaints Procedures

nooneshotjr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to update people on my problem. I wrote to three addresses obtained from this site - labelled it 'important legal information' addressed it to the managing director and threatened to report them to the police if they took money from my account without authorization. After a few days I was contacted by dell both by telephone and email. The person was very helpful and put me through to an appropriate person to deal with my problem. He assured me that he had ensured that no money would be taken from my account and advised me to delete dell data safe software from my computer to ensure that no further letters of intent to take money would be sent via email. Despite complying with that I had further emails informing me that money would be sent. I sent these emails to my helpful contact who said that no money would be taken. The money was taken and I emailed him again. He promised to reimburse me. After a few days he emailed me to say that it could not be put on my card and asked for bank details. I sent the bank details via several separate emails from different accounts and the money was immediately returned. I would like to thank this site for the help I got and will make a donation to it

Thank you everyone

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI all

I think the key factor in all these cases is persistence. Large corporations like Dell rely on the fact that after a few weeks of banging your head against a brick wall, most consumers give up. My message is simply do not give up, keep hounding until you get the outcome you want - Tone

Really wish I had found this much earlier. I purchased my Inspiron 1525 about September 2008 (only with the year warranty with Currys/Dell), and obviously, it is out of warranty now.

However, Dell are still recalling my laptop for further work. It's been back since about a month after purchasing it, on average, once every 6 weeks. I have emails dating back to July 2009 (before the warranty ended) discussing the issues with a Dell Customer Assistant, and the problem is still ongoing.

I am still in contact with Dell to this day, discussing about a possible refund or replacement machine, but neither are going to be possible. I have had countless phone calls where the assistant told me I was eligable for store credit (within the year) and had managers telling me they don't do this at all.

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding possible refunds. I've had the machine back twice this month (both called back for repair) and still has the same problem.

I'm being extremely calm with the assistants and managers, but as you can guess, this is becoming difficult and I am at the end of my tether.

Thanks for any reply. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Useful information:

Michael S Dell (CEO): [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

UK general manager: Josh Claman

UK VP & General manager Pim Dale

UK president: David Marmonti

UK VP & manager: Aongus Hegarty

UK switchboard num: 01344 860 456

(Local rate from landline and free if you got free calls on your mobile)

Dell

Dell House

The Boulevard

Cain Road, Bracknell

Berkshire

RG12 1LF

CEO of Dell:

Executive Leadership Team | Dell

Manages of Dell

Biography: Josh Claman - Vice President of Services | Dell UK

Make sure you know about Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) and Consumer Rights because Dell are breaking them. Office of Fair Trading has found Dell to be guilty of breaking Consumer Law. if you have a problem, write to them and Consumer Direct, BBC Watchdog and your local Trading Standards.

Dell like to call all the time because that way you wont have any evidence. My advice is when they call ask them to email you and also record the telephone conversation. This cannot be used in a court but it can be used for your reference later stage. Write to the head office recorded delivery giving 14 days to respond.

Dell will delete this post as well.

When i wanted to speak to a manager they keep transfering the phone to different department.

When you ask for Head Office contact details, they will ingore you or put the phone down

They will lie to you and make you pay if you do not know your consumer rights

They lied to my GF saying her laptop do not come with the software to create a recovery disc & she need to pay for it. They sold her a used laptop as a brand new. That is why the software is not there. Once you create a recovery disc, the software get deleted from the laptop and even formatting the laptop wont bring it back. Hence they sold her a used laptop and called her 8 times in one day to make her keep the latop and when she refused they try to make her pay the pick up cost. Under Consumer Protection she has 7 days to return it free of charge. Even the complaint department lied to her saying this model does not come with the software. I went to PC WORLD and TECHGUYS and they said Dell is lying.

I have writen to Office of Faire Trading, Consumer Direct, Trading Standards, etc. They gave us the Head Office address as Dell refuse to do they. If Dell do not respond to our letter, they will take over and sort it out for us. This is half the story as her old Dell laptop has problem and they try to steal her refund money off her.

Dell laptop is known to have a problem of over heating, which mean in time it will break apart. When you hear your fan working hard, you know you have problem. I got a Toshiba and its over 3 years old and the fan is still quiter than a brand new Dell laptop.

Pass the details to everyone as Dell will delete my post again. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We all need to write to Office of Fair Trading, Consumer Direct (is pretty good as they respond back within 5 days with your legal rights and advice you what to do next and they keep a record and pass the info to Trading Standards) and your local Trading Standards. For them to act they need a lot of complaints and if we all act on this we can get rid of the Dell family in India who thinks they got it all. They cover up everything that goes at Dell and Head officer don’t seem to have a clue what is happening. People at Dell India do not seem to have the common sense, the ethical background nor do they know the law. They shouldn’t be working at a position like this.

Come on guys, let’s all do something and take 10min to write up a complaint to send to OFT, Consumer Direct and Trading Standards. Writing to Head office doesn’t seem to work, they will just forward the message back to India and you will get back a copy/paste letter saying they apologise and feedback is important to them.

Pass the word and boycott Dell.

Dell manufactures all computer parts they use and this would be a good example where Dell selling computers with virus infected motherboard:

Dude, You're Getting A Dell. A Virus From Dell, That Is... | SciTechBits - Interesting Bits of Science & Technoglogy Served For You!

New York Court found Dell guilty of fraud:

New York court finds Dell guilty of fraud - Computerworld

New York court finds Dell guilty of fraud | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Office of Fair Trading found Dell breaking Consumer Law:

Dell to improve terms and conditions for consumers - The Office of Fair Trading

Another court case with U.S. District Court:

Dell Reaches Settlement with Securities and Exchange Commission | Dell

Dell shipped faulty PCs for years, court documents show:

Dell shipped faulty PCs for years, court documents show | TG Daily

Dell faces court date over faulty laptops | News | PC Pro

Unsealed court documents reveal Dell knew it sold faulty computers:

Unsealed court documents reveal Dell knew it sold faulty computers | Tech Policy & Law News - Betanews

• 3 weeks later...

Another dissatisfied Dell purchaser here. I bought a Dell laptop last January after 6 months the hard drive went, when the computer came back from being repaired the CD wouldn't work. After being on the phone for nearly 3 hours Dell refused a replacement or a refund, they said they only replace or refund within 3 weeks of purchase and that their policy is above UK consumer law. Eventually a manger said she would send a technician round to the house as a good will gesture! I was then sent back to the technical support who accessed the computer whilst a CD was played, after a lot of knocking and banging the music CD jumped about and played snatches of music. Technical support said this was ok and was working properly! And he added that the CD system is not meant for playing music...

DO NOT BUY A DELL COMPUTER.

Another dissatisfied Dell purchaser here. I bought a Dell laptop last January after 6 months the hard drive went, when the computer came back from being repaired the CD wouldn't work. After being on the phone for nearly 3 hours Dell refused a replacement or a refund, they said they only replace or refund within 3 weeks of purchase and that their policy is above UK consumer law. Eventually a manger said she would send a technician round to the house as a good will gesture! I was then sent back to the technical support who accessed the computer whilst a CD was played, after a lot of knocking and banging the music CD jumped about and played snatches of music. Technical support said this was ok and was working properly! And he added that the CD system is not meant for playing music...

Sorry I completely laughed when I read this... 'above UK law...'CD system not meant for playing music'!!??!!! Was this actually Dell or third party company selling Dell products because clearly they are breaking laws. No honest IT technician would ever say a CD player was not designed to play CDs. Personally I would first report them to trading standards and then take them to court. I would expect this kind of service from cowboys not global companies. What's even more bizarre is that it's far cheaper to send you a new DVD player (£20) than to send a tech around who doesn't fix the problem...wierd.

Just to let you know there is an issue with Dell DVD players and certain 3rd party drivers (CD Burning software etc) which stops the drives from functioning correctly. As an IT Tech when a Dell customer phones me up saying their DVD player isn't working properly on the laptop I usually know what the problem is and how to correct it. If you phone Dell you're pretty much certain they won't know anything about it.

Consumer Protection state that you have the right to ask for money or a replacement. If they refusing to replace best option is to write a letter recorded letter to Dell and keep a record of this. Say you would like a respond within 7 days. Ask them to write to you by letter rather than email or phone calls. Most likely they will refuse knowing them.

If there is a computer shop repair shop or PC World TechGuy, go to them and explain to them the problem and ask them to write a report explaining it is a manufacture's fault and nothing to do with software faults.

Contact small claim court, you will only pay round £100 or less. Most companies will settle the case before going court cos it put them on the bad credit list. You can fill in the application online and wait for them to contact you.

If you go to Consumer Direct website and email them, you will get a respond within 5 days of your legal rights. They will also tell you what to do and ask them forward your complaint to Trading Standards as well.

Dell has been sued before and fined by courts for breaking the Consumer Law. Office of Fair Trading is another place you can complaint to.

Dell is the worst company ever. I got them to refund fully my girlfriend's money back for her 2 year laptop. I have been warning people on Facebook how Dell employees in India think they make the law and ripping people off and they keep deleting my post. Pass the word and stay way from Dell

your issue is with whomever you purchased the laptop from under soga.

there is no consumer law which says you can get an automactic replacement or a refund after such time.

they should pay for a repair, if they so wish to replace it, then thats upto them.

if it is a recognised fault by the manu, then you could get full replacement or refund.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk is right that your issue is with whomever you purchased the laptop. If the laptop was given to you as a present then either you will have to get the buyer to deal on behalf of you with the suppler or you will have contact the manufacture. I gather from your info that you have got it from Dell online as there are only few shops that sell Dell.

Sales and Good Act 1979:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/DG_182935

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1979/cukpga_19790054_en_1

Distance Selling

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/distance-selling-regulations/

• 5 months later...

I had a problem with my Outlook Express; it could not send or receive email. I contacted Microsoft and they told me that because the software was installed on my computer by the manufacturer then I should contact the manufacturer, Dell.

My experience with Dell "Technical Support" was one of the worst experiences of my life. It lasted for nearly 3 hours with 6 different people, and in the end the problem was not resolved. Instead, one of Dell’s "support" staff made matters worse by deleting all the emails in my Sent Items folder, so that I now have no record of the emails I have sent to anyone, ever.

When I complained that this had happened they said (it was a supervisor who said this) that they had no record of this and that therefore if my emails had been deleted it was not their fault. They said I would have to pay £59 for them to restore the emails because my computer was out of warranty.

I then told them that I use equipment which records all my telephone conversations by default (I installed this equipment two years ago for exactly this reason: I was sick and tired of the incompetence of certain technical helplines and other so-called support staff). The supervisor kept on insisting that the incident did not happen because they had no record of it.

:). The 3 Minute Balance Transfer. Concise 7 page ebook shows you how to save thousands with a simple service anyone can use. The service is free to use and the ebook is free to members of this forum.

I had a problem with my Outlook Express; it could not send or receive email. I contacted Microsoft and they told me that because the software was installed on my computer by the manufacturer then I should contact the manufacturer, Dell.

My experience with Dell "Technical Support" was one of the worst experiences of my life. It lasted for nearly 3 hours with 6 different people, and in the end the problem was not resolved. Instead, one of Dell’s "support" staff made matters worse by deleting all the emails in my Sent Items folder, so that I now have no record of the emails I have sent to anyone, ever.

When I complained that this had happened they said (it was a supervisor who said this) that they had no record of this and that therefore if my emails had been deleted it was not their fault. They said I would have to pay £59 for them to restore the emails because my computer was out of warranty.

I then told them that I use equipment which records all my telephone conversations by default (I installed this equipment two years ago for exactly this reason: I was sick and tired of the incompetence of certain technical helplines and other so-called support staff). The supervisor kept on insisting that the incident did not happen because they had no record of it.

If they not willing to help, only thing you can do is keep a record of everything you have done so far and send a recorded delivery letter to the head office in UK. They will call you but get them to email you or write.

If you dont get the result you want, take them to County Court which is less than £100 court fee. If they dont turn up, you won the case and they have to pay your court fee back plus compensation. I have read many cases involving DELL and they have lost cost they never turn up to court.

Moment you fill a court case, they will sort it out before the hearing since it will cost them more if it goes through hearing. You dont need lawyer to take some to County Court.

You have to keep trying as i did and got a full refund of my girlfriend's 2 year laptop.

tbH: i dont think an email problem is dells either

however they lost the sent items...well thats easy to rectify as well

not being funny, but neither MS nor Dell were your real port of call here

more like a forum question.

if you still need help PM me.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

So I stupidly bought a dell. It has an American keyboard in it. I'm not American.

Filled in the "something is wrong" form and got someone with "an accent" call me. The UK keyboard has arrived. The technician did not turn up on the day they were supposed to. I demanded two days pay in compensation and was informed they would try to get it.

Have since filled in several of the online forms. I have said I will be taking them to the small claims court, and that under the Sale of Goods Act the laptop as is with the American is not as described (The invoice says UK/Irish keyboard) nor fit for purpose (American keyboard) and will be seeking a full refund by end of play this Friday - the 8th. If they do not get back to me. I live in Reading and their offices are just down the road so I could always go in there.

Have warned all my family and friends not to get dell ever. And any other person stupid enough to stay still near me for longer than 10 seconds lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not buy a Dell computer; their best days are behind them. I have owned many Dell computers over the years and used to be very impressed with them. They seemed to be indestructible so when the time came recently to buy again, I naturally went for a Dell. However, this time, I had problems with both Dell laptops that we bought. One an Adamo looked great but the screen cracked without any prompting and getting Dell to take responsibility for this under the Sale of Goods Act was a complete nightmare.

The other laptop would not talk to the wireless router or the printer and after many phone calls to Dell and much time spent, we paid someone to come out and get this done. Even this IT expert had to ring Dell to get it done. Dell again took no responsibility for the issues. This is standard protocol for Dell. Sometime later this laptop started to deteriorate completely. It slowed up and programs became inoperable. Once again after many calls to Dell and much time on the phone to their technical department they finally relented and sent out a technician. He had to replace a part of the hardware.

It worked for a little while and then resumed as before. Again Dell refused to take responsibility under the Sale of Goods Act for supplying goods not fit for purpose. They refused to refund me or take the thing away and fix it which is my legal right. They sent out another technician to reinstall the operating system, even though I told them this was not the problem, but not before we had to pay someone to back up all our files. The operating system was reinstalled but this also did not work.

I made a complaint to the email address in Ireland as posted on this site. They did not answer this complaint other than to confirm receipt. However, their tech department agreed to collect it and fix it. Problem is by then I had taken days off work waiting for them and spent a huge amount of time on the phone at my expense. In fact it would have been cheaper to replace the entire laptop by then. It has just come back minus the Office program that we paid for and will not talk to the printer. I will be taking Dell to the small claims court to recover my losses. I do not expect them to turn up but once I have won the case I will be sending bailiffs to their offices to recover my costs. I suggest everyone should do the same because they are simply not listening and appear to not give a damn about their customers.

I had a look at my older systems and they were made in Ireland. The new laptops were made in China. Combine this with the fact that the call centre is in India and you have a perfect storm. It’s not the fault of the people in India though. The problem is that they are going by a script that they are absolutely forbidden to deviate from and this is deadly to any attempt to get issues resolved. Their constant line is that it’s not the hardware and therefore not covered by warranty. Well, they supplied the bloody software with only the one option.

I have bought my last Dell computer and will only buy from a shop in future because at least I will have someone I can throw it at when it goes wrong. Dell make cheap throwaway computers and that unfortunately is all they’re good for throwing away.

• 3 weeks later...

Called Dell re a faulty DVD drive.

Was out of warranty so paid £145 (after not being able to get to the slot loaded DVD drive on my XPS and seeing they were ~£60 on eBay) to have the drive replaced.

Was told I'd receive a phone call from the engineer on the day of the fix.

Didn't receive a call so chased them up to be told he was coming and I'd receive a call in the next 30 mins, again reconfirmed my telephone number.

No call, so called again 1 hour later.

Was again told he was still coming before 5 pm, again reconfirmed my telephone number.

Still no call or engineer by 4.30pm.

I called for the 3rd time to see what was happening and was told he could not contact me because they had the wrong telephone number on file.

Something I'd given when I initially made the order and twice the same day of the expected service.

It was then a holiday weekend so he could not come for another 4 days. I asked for compensation which was refused so I requested a full refund on the service. After about 4 days I checked my bank statement to see that the refund had not been issued.

Rather than mess about I then decided I'd just go ahead with rebooking the service as I needed the laptop fixed.

He came, took my laptop to bits and refitted the DVD drive.

After putting it back together 5 of the keys (a strip) on the keypad were not working.

He told me that he'd order one and come and fit it (after another holiday weekend) the following Tuesday, today, 3rd May.

He said he'd call me on the day to let me know when he'd be here.

Waited until after 1pm before calling Dell to make sure he was still coming.

I was then rudely told that the refund had been processed and I had effectively not paid for the original service (I obviously had no idea of this but was spoken to as if it was my fault and I owed them money (zero apology or admittance of their error, I was beside myself with annoyance and amazement) - they'd also waited for me to call them to see where this guy was, no communications in the meantime regarding the issue). She then literally threatened that they would not replace my keypad until I paid for the service, as if I didn't "I would never be able to use Dell's services again." This is what she actually said to me. Given how bad my experience had already been I was not very happy to say the least.

Who do these people at Dell customer services think they are?

She was not the first abrasive person I'd dealt with in this time either.

When I started to try to explain to her how unreasonable they had been, she got extremely dismissive of the issue and started to abruptly communicate the end of the call as if she'd explained the terms she was offering and that was it, concluded.

Several hours later I received a call from another Dell representitive.

She had called me to say exactly the same thing, "Mr *, I understand you have a faulty keypad that you require to be replaced. You must pay £145 for the original service. If you do not do this then we will block your service tag and you will not be allowed to use Dell's services again. We obviously don't want to do this so please let us have your payment..."

I am absolutely disgusted at this to say the least.

Am I also supposed to be grateful that I should be able to use Dell's customer services?

This isn't the first bad experience I've had with Dell's customer service. Will buy elsewhere next time.

Edited by bg12345

£145 to replace the DVD drive is a complete rip off, it's extortionate to be honest. The price of a laptop DVD is around £30 or for a dekstop one around £20. Labour should only cost you the minimum as it's a 5 minute job to replace it. In fact the DVD player is so easy to replace it would only take 5 minutes for most people. You generally only need to unsrcrew one screw from the bottom (will have a CD symbol next to screw) and then just pull it out.

If you called a local IT guy up they would charge either the mimimum one hour (£25-£50) plus whatever the call out is. Most local PC replair don't have callout charges these days so it pays to look around.

I'm sorry to have to say this and it may sound harsh to all Dell customers but Dell really do prey on the ignorant, stupid and lazy :|

£145 to replace the DVD drive is a complete rip off, it's extortionate to be honest. The price of a laptop DVD is around £30 or for a dekstop one around £20. Labour should only cost you the minimum as it's a 5 minute job to replace it. In fact the DVD player is so easy to replace it would only take 5 minutes for most people. You generally only need to unsrcrew one screw from the bottom (will have a CD symbol next to screw) and then just pull it out.

If you called a local IT guy up they would charge either the mimimum one hour (£25-£50) plus whatever the call out is. Most local PC replair don't have callout charges these days so it pays to look around.

I'm sorry to have to say this and it may sound harsh to all Dell customers but Dell really do prey on the ignorant, stupid and lazy :|

I realised this and wasn't initally prepared to pay £145. It's an XPS with a slot loaded drive. I tried getting to it but I couldn't. Had a look on eBay and the same drives were ~£60. For the sake of finding an independant and other messing about I thought I'd just have Dell come out and do it. He had to obliterate the laptop to get to the drive.

Obviously no idea I was going to have such a painful experience as this.

Edited by bg12345

UPDATE: Emailed a formal complaint to Dell through the complaints form on their website. It said I would receive a response within 24 hours. This was 3 days ago now and I have yet to receive anything. They really could not care less.

Next time I buy a laptop I will try to research other companies and their after sales support / customer service. This is not the first nightmare experience I've had with Dell but it will certainly be the last.

• 3 months later...

I am at my wits end with Dell also. I made the mistake of buying an Optiplex from them - from the outset it has been troublesome, it overheats, it freezes. It is very slow. it has a service history a mile long.

It was purchased in November 2006 and in April 2007 I had my first extra charge - paying them for software support as they claimed the fault is software oriented. Didn't fix the problem.

The hard drive has been replaced possible 4 times so far, and the extended warranty i felt forced to take out expires November 2011. Today I was told, yet again, having had about 11 breakdowns so far this year, that it is software not hardware and would i like to pay another £114 so that i can ring them 4 times in a year for support on the software - given the history of this machine i would use that up in a month.

No one listens, cares, or gives a whatever. I have spent hours on the phone to call centres, hours when the machine does not work, and it is always the same fault - running slow, freezing/hanging, instability. It has not been fixed in five years of trying!

I am at my wits end with Dell also. I made the mistake of buying an Optiplex from them - from the outset it has been troublesome, it overheats, it freezes. It is very slow. it has a service history a mile long.

It was purchased in November 2006 and in April 2007 I had my first extra charge - paying them for software support as they claimed the fault is software oriented. Didn't fix the problem.

The hard drive has been replaced possible 4 times so far, and the extended warranty i felt forced to take out expires November 2011. Today I was told, yet again, having had about 11 breakdowns so far this year, that it is software not hardware and would i like to pay another £114 so that i can ring them 4 times in a year for support on the software - given the history of this machine i would use that up in a month.

No one listens, cares, or gives a whatever. I have spent hours on the phone to call centres, hours when the machine does not work, and it is always the same fault - running slow, freezing/hanging, instability. It has not been fixed in five years of trying!

Hmm Dell like mine althought support I have to say was excellant. Did they say 'what' software was causing whatever problem. Their normal course would be 'anti-virus' check suggestions.

If they keep saying that it's softawre rather than hardware it needs to be sorted. The real concept with ALL PC manufacturers is 12/24 months download support then it's up to you yourself. Dare I say what was a 'flashy' Dell XPS720 bought late 2007 is rather dated now and the video card (which then was top of the range) no longer supports much any longer.

On a personal note if you are in the London area I'm happy to have a look at it for you. If it's software I'll probably be able to help you out or 'known someone who can' - ahem free (haoppy to help when I can) by the way.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

sadly i am out inthe sticks and very alone in sorting out these problems, which for a small business are a nightmare. i am faced with having to buy another pc and haven't a clue where to start, as i have lost so much confidence having been sold a pup by Dell, who i believed to be reputable, and no idea where to turn now.

i almost feel like closing down my business and signing on, what with pcs and HMRC, you begin to wonder why you bother to try to run a small business in the UK - when I was unable to submit my corporation tax form online (now a statutory requirement) HMRC suggested i borrow a PC from someone else or go buy a new one just so i could submit there form!

there are times when i wish we went back to pen and paper!

• 2 weeks later...

When was the last time the hard drive was replaced? I say this only in relation to wondering when the last time your current hard drive was formatted and you had fresh install of Windows. If it was years ago and you've installed and/or downloaded a lot of software etc since then, it can become sluggish if not maintained.

can we please use this thread for ref only

start your own thread

dx - thread now closed

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks