• Tweets

• I (and other respondents) always advise “not getting caught in a lie” it hardens their response. Why would they now believe protestations of remorse and “I won’t do it again” if they've already seen you'd lie and say it was a one-off when it wasn't..  You can try approaching the prosecutor on the day, but "I wouldn't hold my breath" …..  
    • I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost. However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off. I have told them how remorseful I feel and how a criminal conviction would result in expulsion from my degree but they still want to take me to court. I have received the court summons letter
    • 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is this really true?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:o I'm amazed to read all of these fascinating and amazing stories! I cant believe that what the Halifax have taken off me in all of these years.....I can get back? Is this really true? For almost ten years they've been charging me £25/30 for going overdrawn...surely thats their right? If not..I'm gonna hit them "big-style"!

Pelvicthrust:oops:

Yes it is completely true.

Check it out for yourself - we've helped over 1,000 people get well over £1,000,000 back so far.

If you read through the FAQs thoroughly you will understand why these charges are unlawful, and what you need to do to claim them back.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You can claim all of them (bounced items, paid items, unauthed o/d charges etc) but unfortunately you can only claim for the last 6 years worth (5 in Scotland)

No you are still entitled to claim them back :) Good Luck!!

Post your progress as you go or if you get stuck, always people with the answers and willing to help here.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8

• 3 weeks later...

just read this forum and you'll find everything you need, and there is a way you can claim for over 6 years but it's still exerimental, some people are trying/doing it, just look around and make sure you know what your doing BEFORE you do it :)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Fantastic, thank you,

'I Hate Banks'
(Copyright that one!). I'll go through them and read some more Cases...them I'm ready to strike.:x So you claimed back Three Thousand four hundred and forty pounds! -wow.:lol:

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've started the ball rolling, I've sent a Letter requesting details of charges to both Marbles and Abbey National (Cahoot) last Friday,25th August. Already I'm checking my emails and post! Silly really. Oh well lets wait and see,40 days to go....

Ok, I've sent a request of to this address (Cahoot)

Abbey National House,

2 Triton Square,

Regent's Place,

London, NW1 3AN.

and this one :

HFC Bank Ltd, Customer Complaints

Team, PO Box 3607, Birmingham, B1 2XJ

(Marbles)

Neither cheques has been cashed and I've heard nothing yet. Am i being to presumptious?

PT

Hi, So far I've actually bottled out of sending the Halifax anything. Simply because i still have an account with them. I guess I'm afraid of ermm annoying them. Sounds a bit girly I know. So as a precursor I've used the Marbles and Cahoot Cards as 'guinea pigs' to see how easy it is!

HI There,

I have 2 accounts with the halifax & am awaiting sending my LBA my morgage & all bills come outof my joint account & i also have a single account more importantly which my wages go into!!! (plus i have a credit card with them, i will be opening up a parachute account.... Go for whatever you fancy first

GOOD LUCK

LAURA :p

• 1 month later...

Ok (finally) I've sent off my first letter requesting charges. Thursd. 5th October. Here goes.

Cahoot requested charges. Two weeks later got full amount of £185

Marbles requested charges.1 week later fob off reply.Oct 1st sent off secong letter warning off imminent court action.

Halifax 05/10/06 Charge request.

Hi, So far I've actually bottled out of sending the Halifax anything. Simply because i still have an account with them. I guess I'm afraid of ermm annoying them. Sounds a bit girly I know. So as a precursor I've used the Marbles and Cahoot Cards as 'guinea pigs' to see how easy it is!

I'm in a similar position to Bubs who posted above - two accounts (one for my salary and bills and another one which has been virtually empty and unused for 18 months). There were threats mentioned in their standard letters along the lines of "if you don't operate your account properly..." but no specific mention of closing either account.

Halifax certainly dug their heels in and strung the whole process out more than the other organisations I claimed from.

Certainly was worth the wait though:)

A gentle word of advice - don't make the mistake I made in not claiming contractual compounded interest. I

It seemed too fiddly for my current account charges but I now realise that it is much more straightforward (and gloriously lucrative!) for any credit card charges.

Good luck with it all

Bubble

Halifax - £3533.02 reclaimed

MBNA1 - £150 reclaimed

First Direct - £330 reclaimed

MBNA2 (OH) – £275 reclaimed

• 4 weeks later...

Haha! Halifax replied with my 12 (!) years of statements. all i need to now is add it up ,send off and wait. Incidentally has anyone tried claiming back MORE than the statutory 6 years?

Cahoot requested charges. Two weeks later got full amount of £185

Marbles requested charges.1 week later fob off reply.Oct 1st sent off secong letter warning off imminent court action. Full maount of £80 returned.

Halifax 05/10/06 Charge request

Hi Bubble, I've looked at the interest option ..and it gives me headache. I'm claiming 1200pounds so i reckon the interest is worth having. I just can't work out which one? Simple/Advanced ? Contractual/Statutory ? How do i know if there is a Contractual interest? Sounds daft maybe, but the more i read the less i understand.... appreciate any guidance.

PT

pelvicthrust, bubble,

I have claimed contractual interest. What I understand as the basics of it, is that the contract between us and Halifax states that if we take unauthorised borrowing they apply a certain interest rate, if authorised another rate.

Therefore if they take money from us (unauthorised) the same interest rates should apply to their withdrawal from our account.

The charging of unlawful charges is an unauthorised withdrawal.

With contratual interest the rate applies from the date of the withdrawal from the account. I claimed 29.8%.

This can make a big difference to any claim.

In my claim I adapted particulars from others on this site to give the court alternatives, ie 29.8% or 18.9%, or the court rate of 8%.

Hope this helps - Go for it :D

• Haha 1

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.