Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I recently sent a letter to request the council take weekly payments from my income support as i thought it was set at a certain level for arrears? They have refused and are asking for more, Does anyone have an idea or a copy of a lettter i can send them along with the info about taking payments from Income Support?

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The CAB may do right by you, but I always prefer to do it myself.


If you do, here's a template letter, courtesy of tomtubby.


To: Bailiff Company



Dear Sirs,


Re: Account reference.


I refer to your letter dated (enter date)informing me that your company have been instructed by (enter local authority) to enforce a warrant/liability order etc against me, in respect of arrears of council tax.


In your letter you state that you will be visiting/returning to my home to (seize/auction etc my goods.)unless full payment of (enter amount) is made by return.


The purpose of this letter is to advise your company that I am in receipt of (income support/jobseekers allowance) and am enclosing as proof, a copy of (payment book/letter from benefits agency.)


I am informed that deductions can be made directly from my benefits to pay my arrears of council tax. This is provided for in the Council Tax (Deductions from Income Support) Regulations 1993.


For this reason, I would like to request that this account be referred back to (local authority) so that the relevant forms can be completed.


I am also aware that once deductions are in place, Regulation 52 of The Council Tax (Administration & Enforcement) Regulations 1992 expressly forbids any enforcement action.


As I have now made you aware of (my/our) circumstances, and provided proof, if your company continues with enforcement action, I will consider making a formal complaint about the bailiff’s conduct to the County Court


Could you please confirm safe receipt of this letter, a copy of which is being sent to my local authority.



To be sent by email asking for a read receipt, backed up with a hard copy sent by recorded delivery, with a copy to the council tax, and a separate copy to the director/head honcho of the council tax department.

You create a blizzard of mail, and when the snow settles, as if by magic your problem may well have been solved.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...