How far back can I go to get copies of accounts from a management company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading the LEASE website but was hoping for some clarification on a couple of points...

I have owned my leasehold flat for just over 2 years now and we use a management company to look after the upkeep of the building. I have never received a year end account of what the MC has spent my service charge on (although I've received the invoice for payments like clockwork :rolleyes:) and am wondering if I can get copies of these for all years (effectively last 3 years worth) I have been owner of my flat or only for the last year.

Although I received a request to become director of the company that would maintain the apartment block (which at the time I couldn't commit to) a couple of years ago, I have never received a invite to an AGM to discuss matters concerning my flat and the apartment block and from discussions with fellow owners no-one ever has. Just because I decline to become a director should the MC still be obliged to arrange an AGM every year and invite all owners whether directors or not to it?

Barclays & Barclaycard - on hold due to test case :mad:

RBS - won & settled :-D

Now who else should I target... :-D

They should be able to provide these documents to you as a matter of course. You may want to check what the management companies company registration number is. Then you could, if they did not provided, check on their last return at companies house.

Regards

pebble - effective landlord solutions

• 1 month later...

I received a letter back stating they were going to arrange an AGM for this month and bring along copies of the accounts but have heard nothing since. Also we currently have no directors of the company so need to find out my next step. Can we demand the accounts? Can we demand an AGM? As we have no directors can we still get rid of them and hire a new managing agent?

Barclays & Barclaycard - on hold due to test case :mad:

RBS - won & settled :-D

Now who else should I target... :-D

You need to chase this up to see if another meeting is to be scheduled soon.

To enable you to chase agents, you would need to have at lease 2/3rd's of other residents wanting the motion to carry ahead. The main thing you want to do here before changing them, is to research the new compay you want to appoint. As the last thing you need is another agent not acting in your best interests.

In respect to directors not being in force, we presume that you have gleaned this info from companys house. The company should have directors appointed.

Regard

pebble - effective landlord solutions.